Metallica Launches Live Download Site

Metallica Launches Live Download Site

Following in the footsteps of bands such as Pearl Jam and Phish, Metallica will begin offering unedited soundboard recordings of shows from its upcoming North American tour for sale via the Internet. The trek begins tonight (March 2) in Phoenix; audio files will be available for download approximately four days after each show from LiveMetallica.com.

"This is the next logical step in a process that began back in 1991 when we first implemented the 'Taper Section' at our shows, where the fans were encouraged to bring in their own gear to record the show, and then take home their very own 'bootleg' of the concert they had just seen," drummer Lars Ulrich says in a statement. "This technology will enable our fans to get the best possible recording of the show, without having to hold a microphone in the air for the entire night!"

Fans will be able to download the music in MP3 ($9.95) and FLAC files ($12.95) via a back-end system developed by Nugs.net, which provides similar services for Phish and String Cheese Incident. Each show will come with a printable booklet and labels for fans who wish to burn the music to CD.

Metallica is promising that the upcoming tour will feature a different set list every night as well as tracks that have not been regularly featured for years in live performance.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_...t_id=1000450707

They still rub me the wrong way though... Especially since they encourged their fans to pass out their demoes and bootlegs freely to gain recognition when they first started out, lol. Maybe they should offer a buy one get one free to make up for their actions??? Hehehehe.....

:D

They still rub me the wrong way though... Especially since they encourged their fans to pass out their demoes and bootlegs freely to gain recognition when they first started out, lol.

As they sow, so shall they reap.

Ken I need my tin foil hat back to, and while your at it can you give me back my pants please.

anyway screw metallica the sell outs. Right after the napster ordeal they are a bunch of greedy money hogs! So i don't care what crap they offer I will never ever ever buy any of there crappy music. Anyway there new music is the worst shit i ever heard.

Now let me go sit and a corner and sway back and forth as you can tell Im no metallica fan.