The future of hip-hop...

They will look for things that help to make them fit in and feel cool and “in style”.

Oh, you must be joking.

This article had so many contradictions, it wasn't even funny.

It was a "lame" attempt at appeal to:

1.) Conservative minded

The music plague conditions our youth, the future, to worship materialism and rebel from moral value by glorifying negative stereotypes cultivated by popular culture. It’s bad enough that all we see on TV is sex, drugs, and money.

2.) Anti-music industry, "freedom fighters of music" (perhaps P2P downloaders).

The purpose is to enlighten the people about the tragically poor state of the music industry. What was once so pure (60’s 70’s even 80’s) is now infested with mass produced manufactured artists, a lack of originality, and an extreme quantity of exploitation.
Choose M3 Records, the Millennium Music Mission, and help raise the music standard by rejecting the same lame music. Take charge of the entertainment you pay for.

3.) Business people, who target demographics (which, in my opinion, is a kind of contradiction in the music industry, and their message. If music can transcend all nationalities, what's to stop it from doing the same with age groups?)

AUDIENCE 1. Target = males and females 14 – 28, all races and nationalities because music is universal and crosses all boundaries. At the age of 14, most are very impressionable while trying to establish their identity and the upper 20’s crowd is still considered cool. These people will most likely go out to local clubs, bars, dances, parties, and athletic events. They will look for things that help to make them fit in and feel cool and “in style”. These people will also be looking to identify their morals and take a stand against the wave of pressure to be cool. High School and College students are mainly the target. 2. The second audience is from 28 to 55. All races in the US whether male or female but mainly mothers and even fathers. This crowd will be looking to censor the input of their kids to ensure the stability of their future. They are mature individuals who want the best for themselves and their family and don’t tolerate tainted entertainment.
(also, see first quote).

I fart on this article's grave....

Amen.

<_>

I have to agree with Ken. This really does smell of ultra-conservatism, yearning for yesteryear.

For a good long while (4-5 years) I was under the impression that there is no more good music being made. I was wrong. My musical tastes have just changed.

Even if I totally ignore the plethora of great new rock out there, the hip hop and rap scene is booming. I can't say that all of it is great, but what genre can? There seems to be more innovation going on in that scene than anywhere else right now.

The grey album, which at this point is a dead album, is one of the best listens I've had in a long time. It is really good.

In the jazz field, long guarded zealously by traditional jazz fans, smooth jazz artists such as Dave Koz are bringing more and more new fans to the genre. After getting their feet wet on smooth jazz they may move forward to artists like Miles davis and John Coltrane, along with the many other jazz icons.

There's a lot of good new music out there in all fields.

i just checked the dude's site, read a bit from most of the pages and totally agree w/Ken. as well, the 'reviews' aren't even attributed. the site appears to me to be a lot of self-serving bullshit.