Wassup For the Weekend • 7/28/06

DudeAsInCool

Let me preface all of this with saying that I know it's your child and your only concern is for her welfare.

She said there's nothing to talk about. I said to that she's never paid rent, paid any utilities. Wait until she has to pay for formula/diapers/daycare/healthcare. She's mentioned public assistance (welfare) and I FUCKING LOST IT! :mad: It's the COMPANY she's keeping...that not my daughter talking.

Pride can be a beautiful thing or a completely terrible thing. There is no shame in having to fall back on welfare. If it wasn't for public assistance my ex and I would have starved to death within 3 months the 1st year we were married.

We had barely more than got married when I got a DUI and lost my job. I would have to admit her mother probably rolled her eyes back and wondered what the fuck her daughter was doing. We went on welfare for 6 months. We did get through it though and to my recollection never had to fall back on it again. I repeat, there is no shame in it. If your daughter is truly your daughter she isn't talking about raising the child on welfare, just using it in desperate times.

I respect people who are pro-life...BUT I'm pro-choice and I want my daughter to know that she had a choice here.

Be pro-choice then and accept that she has made an instinctual choice. Admire that she wants to do what she feels is the right thing instead of the easy. I doubt she didn't deep down know there was another option.

We went on welfare for 6 months. We did get through it though and to my recollection never had to fall back on it again.

Been there too, Shawn. Welfare is just temporary help when you're having a hard time. It's not meant to be a way of life.

All I can really offer is that adoption is also an option. I'm not entirely sure what my birth parents' situation was (I get different stories from my mom and dad... my adoption papers were destroyed in a flood when I was 3), but the bottom line was that they were not in a situation where raising a child would have been healthy. Granted, the situation I ended up with sucked ass too... but I know that it could have been much worse, and therefore am not angry with my birth parents for their decision to give me up for adoption. I can't imagine it was an easy decision.

nothing wrong with your posts War. We all have problems and you know we are your friends

We love you :wub:

:icon_mad:

ditto...

still think you need to sit the fiance down for a reality talk