Wassup For the Weekend • 7/28/06

DudeAsInCool

My plans were to escape the sauna at my house (read: no air-conditioning) and head up to UCLA to see Andre Agassi play Chilean Fernando Gonzalez in the quarterfinals Country-Wide Classic, one of a series of tournaments leading to the US Tennis Open. Anyways, my friend and I drive up there and there is a traffic jam - and there is a street light out - and no one is moving - so we decided, screw it. We went back and watched the match on TV in his air-conditioned house rather than sweat with the crowds in 100 degree temperatures.

Not sure what else is up--I might go to various religious congregations and pray for rain, or at least milder temperatures. :lol:

How about you?

beautiful....sunny....clear winters day down here dude...quiet as....you could here a pin drop in our neighbourhood at the moment....cold as buggery though....my old bones just can`t take it any more.....no traffic jams..and power still humming through the lines into my computer.....for the time being... :) :)

post-193-1154129821_thumb.jpg

absolutely nothing

um...about the same here. maybe i'll work on my paper and play some titan quest.

wife's been bugging me to finish putting my trailer together so we can use the driveway again. probably think about doing that whilst i play some titan quest.

also been thinking about digging out the ol' saxophone lately. probably think about that too whilst i play some more titan quest...

Nothing today...

Saturday I am working George Lopez at the Toyota Center and hopefully spending the night at my guy's place after the show (might just spend the whole day with him!!)

Sunday I am off, but a friend and I and maybe my boyfriend are going to see Journey/Def Leppard at the Pavilion.

Well...let's see...

My daughter told me that she's pregnant yesterday and she's keeping it. Still haven't told the Mr. I'm dreading it. I'm angry, nervous, excited, sick, sad, excited...

Things to do this weekend:

Tell my husband he's going to be a grandfather. (She would have but they don't get along and he'll make her cry.) (I have such a headache right now, I can't concentrate at work). :wacko:

Hmmm...I'm sure you will handle the situation correctly - TIME has a way to correcting issues - hang in there.

warflower mate...tell your daughter from me.."congrats on bringing a new, little life into the world..congrats on the very responsible decision to keep that little life"....as a father of two daughters (one who is 19 and in a relationship at the moment, of which i heartily disapprove )....i would have to say that your hubby has an extreme learning curve coming up...if he is a real man..and if he loves his you and his daughter..and places her happiness above his foolish (but entirely understandable) male pride....then i`m afraid that your husband is going to have to bite the bullet...and face reality.....and love and support his grandchild.....family relationships are the most precious relationships mate..and in my experience they are the hardest to patch up if things get out of hand..the thing is to give and take mate..and never let things get to that stage..one thing my daughter has taught me....is tolerance and understanding...it`s all a question of balance mate....best of luck on that one warflower.... :) :)

I have the upstairs available for her and her fiance.

They're engaged? If so, I don't see a problem...if they are planning on getting married anyway. I know they're young and all, but love should compensate.

If they're not engaged, maybe that's the answer...have then get engaged...with a delay of the new announcement

Sorry to interrupt...

Work tomorrow.

Visiting a friend in Newbury Park on Sunday who had a new baby. Weather should be nice. It has cooled down a bit here, but it's still unpleasant. Past 2 days I've had jobs in the mountins. The weather was nice with a cool breeze. I hope I get something nice tomorrow.

The weather was nice with a cool breeze. I hope I get something nice tomorrow.

it finally cooled down this evening for the first time in a week - the gods must be listening :)

And while it cools down in California, it heats up in the rest of the nation. We've got a heat advisory for the weekend....

.A HEAT ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR ALL OF CENTRAL AND SOUTH CENTRAL MINNESOTA...AND WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN FOR THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY THIS EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES THIS AFTERNOON IN THE UPPER 90S...COMBINED WITH DEW POINTS IN THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 70S WILL RESULT IN HEAT INDEX VALUES AROUND 105 DEGREES.

Warflower: I wish you the best of luck with everything, I can only imagine how difficult your situation is. May I ask... How old is your daughter?

They're engaged? If so, I don't see a problem...if they are planning on getting married anyway. I know they're young and all, but love should compensate.

If they're not engaged, maybe that's the answer...have then get engaged...with a delay of the new announcement

that's how I see it. Perhaps there is more we don't know

I'm just worried about my husband...he's old fashioned. Strict Irish upbringing...and just very thick-headed. I PRAY he handles it well

There may not be an easy way around this right now. But the first time he holds his grandchild, all will be forgotten. And forgiven. Happened to me.

absolutely nothing

I haven't posted in these for a while now because that's the only answer I could offer.

Well...let's see...

My daughter told me that she's pregnant yesterday and she's keeping it. Still haven't told the Mr. I'm dreading it. I'm angry, nervous, excited, sick, sad, excited...

Things to do this weekend:

Tell my husband he's going to be a grandfather. (She would have but they don't get along and he'll make her cry.) (I have such a headache right now, I can't concentrate at work). :wacko:

I hope that turns out okay and tell her congrats from me too.

I went to the neighboring town's Leprechaun Days last night. It was really hot out, ran into a few people I never thought I'd see again (and kind of hoped I wouldn't), had overpriced beer and part of a smoothie that tasted like medicine. The town was overrun with drunks from all over by the time the carnival area closed. It's only a short walk to the bars from there. Of course, there really aren't any bars in any of the other neighboring cities, so this town attracts everyone.

Yes, I definitely would have been better off at home.

Sounds like the main issue is the maturity level of the finance. Is he going to go to school, too, or is going to try and find work.

Dude: He's not doing anything. No school, he's turned DOWN 2 jobs. :glare:

Then you guys need to sit down with him as if he was your kid and map out a plan for him--he follows it or else--I see no way around this

Dude: He's not doing anything. No school, he's turned DOWN 2 jobs. :glare:

My daughter was involved with a guy like that for a long time. She basically was supporting him. Until the moron broke into a local high school and stole a couple of computers. He ended up in the state prison for a while. One of the conditions of his parole was that he stay employed. She ended up giving him the boot. And finally married a real good guy. So, all is not hopeless here. Sounds like this guy just needs some sort of wake up call. Hopefully, it won't take prison to do it.