Wassup for the 7/8/08 Weekend?

DudeAsInCool

It feels as if the July 4th holiday isnt over yet...which is kinda nice for me. Wimbleon, sun and fun are on my schedule for the weekend...and I hope to be driving a new car next week if all goes well :) Wassup for everyone else?

one birthday dinner at my friends house tomorrow evening, another Birthday Party tomorrow at a club, then a chapter of my fraternity is throwing a party at another club on Saturday, Sunday... maybe some baseball if weather permits... it's been raining ALL week so far, so who knows.

I want some of that sun DAIC!!! I get sun one moment then drive further down I-10 or I-45 and I'm getting doused in rain!

I want some of that sun DAIC!!! I get sun one moment then drive further down I-10 or I-45 and I'm getting doused in rain!

come to LA and i promise you both sun and fun! :)

DAIC - What kind of car?

BF - Don't get sick by by hanging out in the rain. I did, and it sucks.

mehod - huh? Have fun!

EC - Sorry to hear of your loss. No matter the age, it's rough to lose someone.

kiwi - Those are the best kinds of weekends. :D

Hunter - Do you have any blank DVDs? I need one. :)

rd - That sucks! But when you're done, you can come here and be happy because we're just that cool.

As for my weekend.... I'm going to see the new Pirates movie tonight... and probably spending the rest of the weekend coughing up phlegm. :(

DAIC - What kind of car?

It's a classic mercedes owned by a guy who has an autobody shop and is in mint condition :) Wish the pic was bigger, but it looks something like this...

post-9-1152294760.jpg

DAIC looks like my mom's car... an '83 deisel...

It was really driven home tonight at the rosary... Last year my grandfather said he was tired and he was ready to go... he said stop praying for me, pray for yourselves... he joked he thought someone was praying for him to live forever...

He went peacefully... quite peacefully in fact. He was at home with family. He just didn't want to let go untill he saw his youngest daughter one more time... He stuck his tongue out at her, and went to sleep.

My grandfather left a great legacy of love and family, with well over 100 direct descendants... and we are celebrating his life and catching up on the years.

Thanks for the wishes folks.

Sorry about your granfather EC...mine died in 1980, at the tender age of 86. Which would make him, what, 112? if he were still alive and kicking. Descending from people with longevity genes bodes well for you and me. Enjoy the gathering of your family and the celebration of his life.

Last night I took one of the kids for their "special night out" (every Friday we take just one of the four off to do something with just one of us--we switch off between us and then rotate them through alphabetically lol) and we went to see the Pixar flick "Cars." It was actually quite good, totally contrary to all the reviews that roundly panned it.

Critics: :icon_mad: Cars: :thumbsup:

Today, I been mulching...put two yards of red cedar mulch over in one of the new perenial gardens Tara planted last month. And some of the tomatoes in the planters have turned ripe too :) And she's been packing the minivan with our stuff--we are all going camping for a few days in Old Forge, NY. Leaving tomorrow, pretty early, so unless there's a wireless network out there I can scum from, I will probably be incomuncado til the end of the week.

Everyone have fun and play nice while I'm gone! :P

Dude should be up to, what, 30,000 by the time I get back...maybe I should just congratulate him for it now!

:bounce1:Congratulations on 30,000 posts Dude! :laught16:

Everyone have fun and play nice while I'm gone! :P

Dude should be up to, what, 30,000 by the time I get back...maybe I should just congratulate him for it now!

:bounce1:Congratulations on 30,000 posts Dude! :laught16:

:lol:

Have a good camping trip!

Today at work sucked. I was stuck at one job for nearly 10 hours. :(

Time to kick back then and have a beer...or two...or three :lol: