Wassup For the Easter Weekend -04/14/06

DudeAsInCool

it'll be a long two weeks for me. Holiday started today and the bar will go mad.

Maria who was working with me at the museum, left for a bank job and I'm all alone up there to handle visitors from around the globe.

Hey Shawn, people from Saskatoon came up there today. Did you know that all canadians put a small canadian flag on their backpacks or some place in order to let everyone know that they are not american?

I asked somebody about that cause I was really curious. 99% have a flag on them.

Another funny thing is that many many americans wear anti-Bush pins.

Happy Easter all or whatever your religion says

Going to a memorial service today for a friend's mother and then on to work a hockey game tonight. Saturday working the Rockets game and on Sunday Easter Service at the Pavilion.

Happy Easter Weekend everyone!!

Yeah Canadians have been doing the flag thing for decades. Some Americans have taken to pinning Canadian flags on their clothing to travel overseas too.

It's passover time so it's going to be a lot of fruit and veggies for a bread lover here. Passover clearly lasts longer than the good friday to Easter holiday so I'd like to ask all the women here to keep that in mind. Jewish guys can last longer.

Well the plan was to celebrate by getting off our faces. Turns out it is illegal to sell alcohol on Good Friday here :(

Plan this weekend: Find out if it is possible to have fun without alcohol.

There is also a military parade in Dublin to celebrate the start of kicking the Englsh out. I might go take a look - it will probably be quaint ;)

It is possible but not as much fun. you cant buy booze here from a store either,but you can go to the bootleggers, you can also still get shitfaced at a pub. Hic

Its bit more of practiceing with our compound bows to try and get back in shape to make some money. We got the bows sighted in for 40 yards today, and Jyl smashed another arrow at 20 yards after hitting a bullseye, by putting her next shot in the first arrow. Frigging showoff. Yes it is possible to split an arrow, but when using aluminum ones it gets expensive.

I was recently (read: two days ago) introduced to the game of Texas Holdem. The first time I won $4 (the entire pot)... tonight it came down to me and this other guy. Not too shabby for not really knowing what I'm doing.

No big Easter plans here. Dad can't really drive now, I have a ton of school stuff to do, I'm sick of driving back home (three times in one week is more than enough), and we're not terribly religious anyways. My mom's in California (she didn't call me for a week after my birthday anyways, what would she care about Easter?), my mom's side of the family hardly likes each other (family get togethers always end in disaster)... *sigh*