I messed up my PC again

method77

I've been fucking around my main PC again and I don't know what I did but this happened. Another administrative account was created and XP uses that to log on. All my settings are gone. My regular account which is called method77 and is also an administrative account is there but XP uses the new one to log on. I tried to delete the new account which is called Administrator but I can't do it.

I don't want to choose the account everytime I start windows and I have no time to search for a solution online. Can someone tell me a solution?

If you don't know the answer, please repost this to another forum you use so I can get an answer

Fuck XP and the user system. Windows' system restore sound too good to be true and really is. I just want to grab the whole thing and shove it up Gates' ass but it will cost me 1000 euros to get a new one and Gates will probably sue me.

Thanks in advance

Go into control panel.. go into computer management,, go into local users and groups,,, select users and there you can control what you want to accomplish... same thing happened to me a while back,,, good luck

Im pretty sure all i did was go into the properties of the account that i didnt want to use and disabled it ,, i went back and checked and it is still disabled . after i did that ,I went into accounts to make sure all was ok and it work out... shit! maybe i was lucky or my problem had a slight difference than yours.. i gthought for sure the solution was there.. I'll get back to you

Can you go to controlpanel/user acounts/change the way users log on/check the login screen? This will at least allow you the choice of which to boot to.

A better bet would be to copy your user settings to the new account.

---

I've read a shit load on this tonight but in truth I've lost some of the links I've found. Why don't you do what I suggested to bring up the login screen for user choice while I keep digging?

--

I'll check with Krell too.

I've copied all the settings but still some are different and some other stuff don't work like they did. Also getting the screen is a temp solution as you said, I usually get out of the house while I reboot or I forget to check the screen. After coming back hours later thinking that the job will be done, the logon screen is still there. Smokes come out of my ear.

I m stumpted. but i like a good problem. ill do some home work and surfing for my own peace of mind, if you find a definite solution before i do let me know and ill do the same.. good luck

post-88-1142339071.gif

all right...

I used that TweakUI tool and I chose my regular acount to boot so a solution was finally found.

Now I have to find a way to get rid of that account.

Thanks for all the help people. I mean it.