HElp A NoOb

Shawn

I've never used BT much. [one try I believe]

I've installed bitpump and have added a torrent. I'm going to paste a capture of the client running and one of you knowledgable folkes please tell me if anything is happening.

post-90-1138838662.jpg

Still nothing inbound.

Do you use a router? If so, you need to forward the right ports. Problem is, I dont think you can set the port to use on BitPump - it is one of the things I complained about at the time.

I hate to be a fanboy, but have you tried uTorrent? It has upnp, which means you probably dont need to set anything manually, but if you do need to, it also gives the controls to do it. BitPump has neither - at least not on the version I used.

If you can find where to enter the port(s) on BitPump, then say so and perhaps you can keep using it.

My problem is that my router has never answered my calls to it.

I know it's address but it comes up as "connection refused".

--

Will no client work without port forwarding?

My problem is that my router has never answered my calls to it.

I know it's address but it comes up as "connection refused".

--

Will no client work without port forwarding?

If your router starts refusing connections from you, you can try unplugging the power for about 10 seconds. If this becomes a chronic or permanent problem, you might need to reset it (all settings will be lost and you may need to reconfigure it).

The Linksys router I have worked fine for about 8 months and now, every once and a while, it stops responding when I try to access the config page and it cuts off access to all clients (if I plug one of the clients in directly, no problems; the connection is fine).

I even had a funky problem where any clients I tried to add would be able to connect to the router, but the router refused to assign them internal IP addresses. 2 out of the 3 wireless connections were cut off, and only two of the original wired connections would work.

The router itself may be ready for the garbage.

It's a shame really, because the D-Link router I had before was nothing but trouble (and had similar connection problems). This may be an ISP problem somehow, but I’m not an expert when it comes to networking; more like a novice.

So long story short Shawn, I wouldn't rule out the fact that your router may have problems.

• 5 months later...

i use bitlord......a clone of bitcomet..never had any problems with it on my router.....and i `ve been getting some pretty good download speeds lately.....bitspirit is good too....comes complete with all the UPnP setup...very fast..... :) :)