The Bill of Non-Rights

Amber

The laws of posting musta came and ate it...I didn't think ya'll would of deleted it. No biggy. LOL

More or less what I said was....I have a BIG problem with the new American English: Spanglish <_>

The laws of posting musta came and ate it...I didn't think ya'll would of deleted it. No biggy. LOL

More or less what I said was....I have a BIG problem with the new American English: Spanglish <_>

I don't mind spanglish. I know enough spanish to squeeze through spanglish. I can even speak a small lick of spanish.

What bugs me, is that it has gotten to a point where I am EXPECTED to know spanish.

Sorry fuckers, that has just developed heavily in the last 15 years or so. When I was born we spoke english. There was no dual language classrooms. I was readin dick n jane, and coloring shit. When I travel into the middle of Ecuador, I doubt I'll get a translator at the fruit cart, so fuck off.

Whew... sorry, pent up frustration.

I love when people bitch and moan about people speaking other languages when they themselves suck at English. I just want to walk up and slap them for being dipshits.

Vs. what... the idiots who want to assume, based on other people "who look like you", that you don't speak english, and try that baby talk gibberish that idiots who assume other people don't speak english use?

Then again, there are American dialects of english that are gibberish to anybody.

My favorite line is, "WOW, your English is really good," to which I respond, "Yea, it should be.... it's my first language."

It's great when people who are speaking English to someone whose English isn't so good.... they tend to yell louder and louder. If they didn't understand you at a regular voice level, what the fuck makes you think they'll understand you when you're shouting?

@Shawn: I could just HEAR a Minnesotan saying that.... wow.

It's great when people who are speaking English to someone whose English isn't so good.... they tend to yell louder and louder. If they didn't understand you at a regular voice level, what the fuck makes you think they'll understand you when you're shouting?

happened to me a billion times with americans (which have exclusive rights to that kind of loud-talk) especially now that I work in a famous museum. They come up to me and say DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? -really slowly, while pointing in my face and 459dB loud

I try to keep a straight face and I scream back at them YES!

Italians do that as well but they talk loud anyways

You know what I get a kick out of?

There are kids in my store that are... hmmm.... brown skinned. They are 3rd and 4th generations in the US, or in our valley even.

A lot of our 2nd gen, or new arrival customers assume, based on the brown skin, that all of these kids speak spanish.

I guess it just goes all ways.

Ps: If we get to have a talking out of theass smiley, I want a shoot myself in the head smiley... damnit.