This Is A Load of Crap!

DudeAsInCool

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060123/us_nm/...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

I havent spoken to one person who believes this. It feels like a plant to fit in Karl Rove's

platform of running on terror. Pathetic.

The telephone survey of about 1,000 Los Angeles County residents

A small (1,000 people) sample in Los Angeles County (possibly a cluster sample because we don't know what people in Los Angeles), and only of people who answered the survey (BY TELEPHONE). And who knows what questions were asked specifically and if they were slanted or leaded in any way. A leaded question could cause someone to misrepresent their opinion.

To say this survey is inaccurate or misleading would be too gentle.

This survey is worthless. The sample is weak.

Yahoo and any other “news” organization that publishes this should be ashamed of themselves for providing bogus information or at the very least not giving enough information on how the survey was conducted.

There is not going to be any terror attack in LA. You're exactly right, Ken - Yahoo and Reuters and the Rand Corporation are irresponsible in suggesting people believe this

here.

We do get earthquakes, fires, and god knows what else - and yes, people should be

prepared for that.

The only people who believe in terror attacks are the Christian right, who are salivating

for Armagheddon - god help them - on second thought, they all ought to check in with

a nearby shrink.

Groovy, not selection criteria given... though I'm sure they would assert it was "random."

And.. I have to be curious if they used proper calculations for sample populations, doubt it.

The order on this survey must have been "go gather data that will prove us right."

Oh, and good Christians know that armageddon is coming because of the Safeway/Von's club card... you are all numbered, people! The mark of the beast is upon you!!! Sale on 24 roll toilet tissue!!!!

Edit: by the way, thanks, I might have to bring this little article up in my statistics class... :good job:

Edited by Excrement_Cranium

Edit: by the way, thanks, I might have to bring this little article up in my statistics class... :good job:

It gives me increased hope for the future to see someone of your advanced age still trying to learn.