Procrastination

CTC Command

Yah.

Procrastination.

I am supposed to be writing a precis for my MA thesis. And writing my thesis. It even looks like I might be doing that, to the untrained eye. I am sitting here at the computer, typing, notes and numerous relevant texts all open and piled around me. But actually I am not. Instead I am procrastinating--checking my email, replying to important posts here on BK, fixing ID3 tags in winamp, doing random searches on Wikipedia, replying to important posts here on BK...oh yeah I already did that.

Who else is procrastinating RIGHT NOW by reading this? What are you SUPPOSED to be doing instead?

Who else is procrastinating RIGHT NOW by reading this? What are you SUPPOSED to be doing instead?

I have a mindless project that I dont want to do, but is going to take me the next seeral days. I'm the King of procrastination - ever wonder how all those posts got there :lol:

:lol:

Whoa.

Your mind must be racing. Your fingers can't keep up.

I can see a game in this - like blankety blank.

Knowing how conscious you are of your english Method, I was going to pull some elaberate prank pretending I could never work out what you were trying to say.

You're lucky I'm lazy.

On topic - quit procrastinating, you will regret it.

wait a min...

I just used one of those online translators and my above post makes perfect sense. I know that those translators make a lot of mistakes but could you explain what exactly it means?

...fuckin english speaking bastards...

Right now, for once in my life, I'm not procrastinating....... waiting for the bus. At a computer.

Normally though, I should be doing something school-related, definitely not posting random stupid comments on forums around the internet, or posting bitchy things on my livejournal for all to see, or somehow getting into REALLY FUCKING STUPID FIGHTS WITH MY FRIENDS. Like right now, via AIM. Goddamnit. I can't even wait for the bus in peace.

"I have to meet my MISSING WORD but instead I'm procrastinating. Told him I'd be late cause MISSING WORD stood me up a week ago"

Who/what do you have to meet?

method, didja meet your butt? was it good for both of you?

QUOTE (slum_goddess @ Sep 21 2005, 11:14 PM)

method, didja meet your butt? was it good for both of you?

:lol::lol::lol:

I just realised that :P

lawyer

Lawyer. Butt. Same thing... :lol:

Too bad WE can't bill lawyers for OUR time when they are running late or stand us up. It would have only cost me about half of what it did to get custody of my son if I billed ol' Strachman and Blake Esq.'s for all time I wasted sitting their respective waiting areas reading old issues of "Law Today" and "National Geographic," for three hours at a clip, (what's that, if I charged $150 an hour like they do?) and especially for time I spent taking time out of work to show up to court only to discover when the clerk went through the calendar that day that my court date was postponed and no one told me... :reallymad:

So this girl goes to her doctor and says "Doc, I think I am pregnant, but I don't know how it happened."

"What, you mean you don't know how you get pregnant?" her doctor asked incredulously.

"No, no, doctor, I know HOW you get pregnant. Its just that my boyfriend and I have only been having anal sex. How could I be pregnant from that?"

"Oh, my." answered her doctor. "Where did you think lawyers come from?"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And yes, this post is yet just another in the long drawn process of procrastinating.

This time though, it is to put of doing a fairly mindless record-keeping task here at work. :P

My excuse for procrastinating right now is that I can't see well enough in my NOT-LIT closet to read.

(the light bulb went out and I can't get the cover off the fixture to replace it)

I *could* get off my ass, and go somewhere else...

but I got an iPod and I'd much rather mess around with that than study.

I'm CONSTANTLY putting things off. I've done nothing as far as the stained glass goes this summer and I've been blaming the heat and humidity for that. I must say I painted 3 rooms and redecorated in the A/C over the summer so I did get something done :rolleyes: .

I got an idea (after reading about some artists at the Emmy's wearing magnolias in memory of the victims of Katrina) to make stained glass magnolias for $10 with 1/2 the $ going to the Red Cross for the Hurricane Katrina victims. It's a way for me to get motivated. Soooo...I posted something (yesterday) on my friend's website and BOOM! I've sold 5. I have 15 more orders to fill. 5 just came in from a friend in California and she put the check in the mail ALREADY...so I must MOVE MY ASS NOW! :o:lol:

I figure...I'll start them tomorrow morning. <_>

• 4 weeks later...

I'm up now, at 2:41AM writing a paper (or rather, NOT writing a paper) because of procrastination. Granted, real life events played a role in this paper not being written earlier, but all the blame can't be placed there, can it? Nahhh.

Trying to comprehend Heidegger's Being and Time at midnight is surely never to be done again, never to be wished upon anyone... ever.

And now I sit staring. My eyes are surely glazed over with whatever little bit of moisture still remaining in my nearly dehydrated body. I've been awake too long on too little sleep.

I'm procrastinating typing this reply because i've the same method's problems... :D

I've a lot of drawings to end but i'm procrastinating...

I have to go to the bathroom but i'm procrastinating...

...uh-oh! why my trousers are wet? :P

Edited by Starfire

im in school right now and im supposed to be working on a project for my psychology class....funny how right when i get on beatking i see a procrastination thread....coincededence? i dont think so.... :)