What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Tommy Bolin & Fleetwood Mac - "Hypnotized"..... a bootleg mp3 from a studio session Tommy Bolin did with Fleetwood Mac to advertise his then upcoming tour with them (Fleetwood Mac) in 1976....just before he died.....Dude...you will like this......very jazzy and dreamy.....nice understated guitar from Bolin and a beautiful swirling hammond/leslie cabinet organ effect in the backround from Fleetwood Mac`s Christine Perfect....very nice.... :) :thumbsup:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FKENLN63

"In May of 1976 Tommy Bolin performed his first ever solo gig. I saw the Denver Ebbet`s Field show of that tour. I hadn`t seen Tommy for over 2 years. I wondered if he would remember me. After all, he had left Boulder to become a star, and was returning now as a star. A meet and greet party was staged and I was so impressed that Tommy was still the warm, friendly person I had known. He greeted me with a big bear hug-that meant so much to me. He was not some lofty rock star, he was Tommy Bolin warm soul, yet we had heard about all the partying and I was worried for Tommy`s well being.

Anyway the year unfolded with touring and the recording and releasing of Tommy`s Private Eyes LP on Columbia Records. But again, all was not well. There was continual bickering with Tommy`s manager. Tommy was suspicious that perhaps the money was not being handled honestly, and Tommy was also indulging the habits that had worsened during the Purple tours. So, at the point he had worked so hard for, the launching of his solo career, the waters were muddied. There was barely enough money to keep a band together, forcing a variety of personnel changes in just over six months, and the tensions with his manager just kept growing. Perhaps a change in management would help. Anyway, a tour was put together that would feature the Tommy Bolin Band as the opening act for The Jeff Beck Group, followed by a tour with Fleetwood Mac. The exposure Tommy would get would be very powerful.

In opening for Jeff Beck, Tommy would be on the bill with Beck who was a true fan of Tommy’s and he would be reunited with Beck`s keyboardist Jan Hammer, a dream situation. But then tragedy struck. After the first night of the tour on Dec. 3, 1976 in Miami, Tommy and his entourage partied extensively. A Cuban national was ushered into the party with a satchel with ten different grades of heroin. Almost everyone there indulged themselves. Tommy went too far, and even though Tommy`s manager`s appointed bodyguard was there to help keep him clean, amazingly enough no one called the paramedics for over four hours after Tommy showed signs of passing out. To this day this makes no sense. By the time they were called he was gone. Dead at age 25......"

Check these streaming vids out....Tommy Bolin and James gang.....

http://www.tbolin.com/audiovideo/index.html

post-193-1160974192_thumb.jpg

post-193-1160974209_thumb.jpg

Nice jazzy version - Bolin was a helluva guitar player; man, 25, and he played with Billy Cobham, Deep Purple and the James Gang!

**What ever happened to Bob Welch and Bob Weston? Also, I wouldnt mind having that old Fleetwood Mac album, Mystery to Me - I used to have it :)

**During a tour of the US in late 1973, when the band were beginning to gel particularly well, clouds began to form as it emerged that Weston had been having an affair with Mick Fleetwood's wife, Jenny Boyd. Fleetwood tried to carry on regardless, but eventually after a gig in Nebraska, he had had enough. Weston was fired and the rest of the tour was cancelled, the band members each travelling to a different part of the world to gather their thoughts. It was this situation which gave rise to the astonishing "Fake Mac" affair - manager Clifford Davis elected to recruit entirely new musicians, pass them off as Fleetwood Mac, and send them out to complete the tour.

Arguably Bob Weston had a very big effect on the Fleetwood Mac story, perhaps greater than his musical legacy, since it was this turmoil which strongly contributed to Welch's disenchantment with life in Fleetwood Mac, and his departure in late 1974 paved the way for the arrival of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, who would help the band on to superstar status.

Weston went on to record a few solo albums, all of which are now quite hard to find. Perhaps proving that there were no hard feelings, Mick Fleetwood contributed drums to one track on Weston's second solo album, Studio Picks.

Still dont know what happened to Welch?

post-9-1160975123.jpg

Winstons tune called "Amen Brother" from around 1969. I think I have the vinyl album around here somewhere.....prolly under a case or 2 of ammo.

Dude, will pm you in a little while with a mystery of some sort. :)

Edited by Redneck4sure

check yo pm and the mystery will be solved. :lol:

Blind Faith - Blind Faith 2cd deluxe edition

I check my email - what the hell am I gonna do with a message from Karl Rove!??

Hmmm, Blind Faith...another fine album, I used to have ... :happy:

I check my email - what the hell am I gonna do with a message from Karl Rove!??

Send cash. You already vote Republican the way you are supposed to. :)

Hmmm, Blind Faith...another fine album, I used to have ...

You seem to have a problem hanging on to your stuff. You must live in a bad neighborhood. :lol:

OMG!!!!! you live in Californie!!!! It can't get any worse than that!! :o

Tonight You Belong To Me - Bernadette Peters and Steve Martin :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfkrO5M-HQg...ted&search=

"Deep Purple"...Nino Tempo and April Stevens...this old gem goes WAAYYY BACK..great lyrics...brings a tear to my eye.....nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia mate... :) :)

enjoy.....http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EFGEMP6P

(Words by Mitchell Parish, music by Peter De Rose)

[Written in 1934 as a piano composition - lyrics added in 1939]

When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls

And the stars begin to twinkle in the night

In the mist of a memory you wander on back to me

Breathing my name with a sigh

In the still of the night once again I hold you tight

Though you're gone, your love lives on when moonlight beams

And as long as my heart will beat, sweet lover we'll always meet

Here in my deep purple dreams

Here in my deep purple dreams

When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls

And the stars begin to twinkle in the night