Anti Gay Church Protests At GI Funerals

DudeAsInCool

SMYRNA, Tenn. (AP) - Members of a church say God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays, and they brought their anti-gay message to the funerals Saturday of two Tennessee soldiers killed in Iraq.

The church members were met with scorn from local residents. They chased the church members cars' down a highway, waving flags and screaming "God bless America."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050828/D8C8JGIG0.html

Members of a church say God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays

Didn't Jerry Falwell say 9/11 was God's punishment for the same thing? :mad:

No one gets killed in war unless God is punsihing them, right? I guess God was really mad about something from 1941-45. <_>

Even if you're against the war and have strong religious beliefs these guys are assholes.

You know you need to reevaluate your life when even misguided people think you're an asshole.

SEE!

I don't think anyone should protest anything at a funeral. I hope the family of the deceased get an id on the protesters and hasten the protesters grand arrival at the hereafter.

Yes, Ken. I would be glad to someone killed for intruding in such a fashion at a loved one's funeral.

The Rev. Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist in Kansas, contends that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays.

hahaha, i won't read another word--phelps is a crazy ass motherfucker.