Cindy Sheehan - You Go, Girl

DudeAsInCool

The War Comes to Crawford, the President Disconnects

At the beginning of this month, I said that I was all in favor of President Bush's vacation plans. But two weeks into his Crawford holiday, I'm rethinking my position.

What's changed? A number of things, starting with Cindy Sheehan, who has brought the reality of the Iraq war to the president's doorstep. Let's just say he's not dealing with that reality very well.

Fishing, going on two-hour bike rides, clearing brush, taking in a Little League ball game (to say nothing of raking in millions at a GOP fundraiser) all take on a different hue when juxtaposed with the harsh truth that Sheehan represents: We are at war. A war that continues to claim the lives of young American men and women. A war that, even if you are completely in favor of it, is not going well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/feat...ts.html#a005756

Now here is a woman that makes the press look like Sheep! :good job:

post-91-1124437863.jpg

Rush Says Cindy Sheehan Made It All Up - It's A Liberal Conspiracy :lol:

Nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh equated the actions of Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier killed in Iraq, with those of Bill Burkett, the retired Texas Air National Guard officer who provided CBS' 60 Minutes with unauthenticated documents regarding President Bush's National Guard record. Sheehan is currently staging ananti-war protest outside Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas. Limbaugh said that Sheehan's "story is nothing more than forged documents."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508160009

Bush Neighbor Lets War Protesters Use Land

CRAWFORD, Texas - One of President Bush's neighbors will allow use of his land by dozens of war protesters who have camped in roadside ditches the past 11 days, giving them more room and halving their distance from Bush's ranch.

Demonstrators said Fred Mattlage made the offer because he sympathizes with them. The protesters' makeshift camp off a winding, two-lane road leading to Bush's ranch has agitated other residents, who complained of traffic jams and blocked roads.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a..._us/peace_mom_6

Putting out Fires

by CindySheehan

Tue Aug 16th, 2005 at 20:23:47 PDT

Putting out Fires

Day 10

The Peaceful Occupation of Iraq

The right wingers are really having a field day with me. It hurts me really badly, but I am willing to put up with the crap, if it ends the war a minute sooner than it would have. I would like to address some specific concerns that have been raised against me.

CindySheehan's diary :: ::

The first one is about my divorce. I addressed this on my blog the other night. My divorce was in the works way before I came out to Crawford. My husband filed the papers before this all started. It just recorded last Friday. My husband didn't know that it would become public record, and public knowledge. He had told his lawyer not to serve me with the paperwork or even bother me while I was at Camp Casey. He was trying to do the right thing. He didn't want me to find out. Enough about that.

Another "big deal" today was the lie that I had said that Casey died for Israel. I never said that, I never wrote that. I had supposedly said it in a letter that I wrote to Ted Koppel's producer in March. I wrote the letter because I was upset at the way Ted treated me when I appeared at a Nightline Town Hall meeting in January right after the inauguration. I felt that Ted had totally disrespected me. I wrote the letter to Ted Bettag and cc'd a copy to the person who gave me Ted's address. I believe he (the person who gave me the address) changed the email and sent it out to capitalize on my new found notoriety by promoting his own agenda. Enough about that.

I didn't blog about the cross incident last night. I was at the Peace House when there was a big commotion and people started saying that someone had run over our Arlington Crawford display. I know this is old news because I have seen great posts about it today. This is how I feel. The right wingers are emailing me and spewing filth about me on the radio and on the television saying that I am dishonoring my son's memory. This man who ran over the crosses thinks he is a better American than we are. He thinks we are more patriotic than we are. Does he really believe that he is honoring the memories of the fallen and his country by running down 500 crosses and about 60 American flags? The Iraq Veterans Against the War who were here were also very offended. Those crosses represented their buddies who didn't make it home. And they are so aware of the fact that one of those crosses could have their name on it.

Yesterday, we had a counter protestor who played his guitar across the way from us and sang (very terribly!!!) a song that loosely went like this:

Aiding and abetting the enemy.

How many ghosts did you make today?

Google me this, Google me that,

How many ghosts did you make today?

I find it so ironic that he was singing it to me, and not to George Bush. We named the song: The Ballad of George Bush. He came back out today, but blessed be to God, he didn't bring his guitar, and he didn't sing.

We are moving to a place that doesn't have much shade and I put out an appeal for tarps and a soldier from Ft. Hood brought some to us that he "borrowed" from Ft. Hood for us to use. I have had a lot of soldiers from Ft. Hood come out and tell me to keep it up and that I am doing a good thing. We are doing this to honor Casey and the other fallen heroes in their memories. But we are doing it FOR the people of Iraq and the other soldiers who are in harm's way right now. Right after we heard about the crosses last night, a Camp Casey volunteer found out that a pen pal she had in Iraq was KIA on August 12th. This has to stop, now. We will stop it.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/8/16/232347/610

Stand_WCindy.pdf

Ex-FBI Whistleblower to Join 'Peace Mom'

OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) - Former FBI whistleblower Coleen Rowley, along with a state senator whose son died in Iraq, are headed to Texas this week to join a growing anti-war demonstration near President Bush's ranch.

Rowley, now a Democratic candidate for Congress, and Sen. Becky Lourey will join a protest initiated by Cindy Sheehan, whose son Casey died in Iraq last year. Sheehan started the vigil Aug. 6, coinciding with Bush's summer vacation. She has said she won't leave until the president meets with her.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...817012009990003

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS WOMAN! (3 posts about her, so far.) :) i can only say i hope that many many others will be inspired to join her.

Cindy has another family emergency, leaves camp temporarily:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050818/ap_on_...HE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

From digby:

Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's Over

George W. Bush's streak of good luck continues --- at the expense of others as usual.

Cindy Sheehan had to leave Crawford to take care of her ailing mother. Without her, the protest becomes something different, less compelling and less meaningful. What a shame.

But it was very worthwhile. The questions about Iraq have crystalized for a lot of people who up until now just felt vaguely uncomfortable. The press have been forced to see the anti-war sentiment that has clearly been showing up in the polls in human terms. And Democrats and others have been able to connect with one another in a personal and meaningful way for the first time in a long time. That is not something that we should ever underrate. People need to feel part of things; they need to be allowed to be human. Cindy Sheehan and her protest gave a vast, frustrated and near hopeless number of Americans something to believe in. Let's hope it changed the zeitgeist for good.

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/

When the heat gets on Bush, something always happens to divert the spotlight away from his many failures....election year hurricanes allow him to look helpful passing out ice in Florida, shirtsleeves rolled up and grinning; Michael Jackson's trial, disappearing blonde coeds in Aruba, Lacey Peterson's husband's murder trial, bombs in London.....Bush and the Devil must have some sort of a pact....

post-91-1124415075.jpg

From digby:

It's Over

:(

From digby:

It's Over

:(

She's gone home to tend to her ailing mother, but candlelight vigils are rising across the country :)

i'm VERY pleased about that, it's like long past wake-up time. :)

it looks to me like she got to the right wing loonies..nice one.....there is still a candlelight vigil going every nite outside the american consulate in auckland nz....i sense the rot setting in for the bushies and the fucking blairites on this iraq gig anyway.......they`re history.....it`s only a matter of time......defeat.. :)

post-91-1124437894.jpg

i hope you're right, kiwi...w/these joker fucks, i've felt it's been only a matter of time for years now. :(

edit: last night we were discussing whether or not now was the time for me to go back to the states. Chris wants to come w/me...i wanted to go to Hunter S Thompson's funeral thing and then swing down to TX...i'm pleased we decided to wait.

people are really pissed with bush down here.....current polling on sending nz troops to iraq if asked is running between 65% to 70% AGAINST.......current polling on allowing us warships in to nz ports if they are carrying nuclear weapons is about the same...65% to 70% AGAINST......no govt down here will dare to fuck with that sort of polling....it would be electoral disaster for them...... :)

edit: if you do the states gig slum..head on over to the west coast (L.A) and fly down to nz for a few days for some rest and relaxation..we are in election mode here..and working hard to fuck the right (so much fun..and so easy to do down here)....you could come down and watch a left wing labour/green coalition govt get elected when the nz election campaign ends in 4 weeks.....and join our celebrations...because that is what`s shaping up down here...god i love this country....... :) :)

i'm so jealous of almost everything you've said about NZ (mostly the population's sanity and refusal to budge ONE INCH). last night we checked...it's only like 200$ to fly to TX from here right now. we'd be totally going but need a bit more time to plan (and wanna pick just the right time--i'd be staying longer than Chris but we both wanna see NZ; if Chris is still working here after january he'll have his 2005 hols to blow w/me travelling around..i want him to see NZ cause he's been thinking of working in Africa first). :)

It's a bit difficult to fathom what these pro-Bush folks are actually proud of. Is it "staying the course", which is becoming more deadly and meandering every week? Or is it that they're proud of the deception used in creating bogus reasons for entering into this hopeless situation which is killing their children? Perhaps they're proud of the new government, which will be Islamic in nature....? 1800 American lives are worth that? There's nothing noble or sensible about this invasion meant to produce political support in an election year. If those addled people had any rational thought processes, they'd walk across the ditch and join with the true concerned patriots....just as a growing number of conservatives are doing.

dunno what they can possibly be proud of but they've been acting more and more like babies who are guarding 'the mandate' they 'won' (last nov.) w/brute force, as if on some level they know they're fulla shit and hate themselves (and i'm sure they do).

just found this on kos:

Republicans are angry because the only way to survive the cognitive dissonance of living selfishly while preaching compassion is by denying what they already know.  They know they're a bunch of liars, but they also believe their own rhetoric, and the two can't be squared with each other.  So they divert this crisis of cognition into anger against everything other than themselves.  In short, they despise themselves and blame it on us.
from here

I don;t understand the call to pull out of iraq. You fuck it up, you fix it. I haven't heard anyone in this country call for a pull-out.

In fact, I haven't heard any discussion about our troops since the country unamously agreed last April that going to war was the worst idea ever. With not even the government left to argue with, that discussion just died. Focus has switched to how we are going to get water and electricity to the people. Pulling out troops and exit strategies are only mentioned in the context of the political pressure bush is under. It is funny hearing bush saying we are there to fight terrorists - that idea simply isnt put forward to the people here.

Cindy has support here, but she ist big news. The support she gets is because anyone in america opposing bush must be good!

CINDY SHEEHAN: COMMANDER IN GRIEF

By Ann Coulter

To expiate the pain of losing her firstborn son in the Iraq war, Cindy Sheehan decided to cheer herself up by engaging in Stalinist agitprop outside President Bush's Crawford ranch. It's the strangest method of grieving I've seen since Paul Wellstone's funeral. Someone needs to teach these liberals how to mourn.

Call me old-fashioned, but a grief-stricken war mother shouldn't have her own full-time PR flack. After your third profile on "Entertainment Tonight," you're no longer a grieving mom; you're a C-list celebrity trolling for a book deal or a reality show.

We're sorry about Ms. Sheehan's son, but the entire nation was attacked on 9/11. This isn't about her personal loss. America has been under relentless attack from Islamic terrorists for 20 years, culminating in a devastating attack on U.S. soil on 9/11. It's not going to stop unless we fight back, annihilate Muslim fanatics, destroy their bases, eliminate their sponsors and end all their hope. A lot more mothers will be grieving if our military policy is: No one gets hurt!

Read entire story here.