Photographer Shot Outside Britney Spear's House

britneyspears4.jpgPhotographer Shot at Britney Spears' Home

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - A photographer was shot in the leg with a pellet gun outside Britney Spears' home Saturday evening, authorities said.

It was unclear who fired the plastic pellet as the photographer was staking out an event at the pop singer's Malibu home, Sheriff's Department Lt. Steve Smith said. He said firefighters bandaged the man's leg and he went to a hospital.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050807/D8BQPQLO0.html

that should be illegal. You can't defend your home!

If he wasn't on her property, then no, you can't.

Using violence to protect your home is reserved only for when absolutely needed, such as a blatant home invasion.

Using violence to protect your home is reserved only for when absolutely needed, such as a blatant home invasion.

I think Florida has a law that says you can shoot someone if you feel threatened.. no joke

I think Florida has a law that says you can shoot someone if you feel threatened.. no joke

I would not be too surprised. :bigsmile:

As anyone who has read my past posts, you'll find that I support self defense and legally owning weapons.

However, I find this possible law to be very dangerous and dubious.

Florida has the right idea. The tittie baby liberals use the "Wild West" prediction every time a law is proposed. They used that same bullshit prediction to scare people when they passed the concealled carry law and here they go again. The end result will be that a very few criminals will be shot and that's it.

When they pass a law that you can cap someone for sending you junk mail then we will have gotten somewhere. :lol:

Florida has the right idea.

Florida left the law way way way (a thousand ways) too vague.

Feel threatened?

What if I feel threatened by that lady in the produce section of the supermarket who's thumbing through some bananas?

I guess I should just put some bullet holes in her just to make sure.

The tittie baby liberals

I'm not a liberal, and even I think you're entire argument is retarded. There are more than two types of people in the world. Stop with the buzz word Fox News labels. Get your own opinion, and don’t take everything that the NRA and the Republican party says as gospel.

I've fired weapons before; my father owns a couple guns.

I don't have any problem with someone owning a pistol permit, and carrying the gun on them. That's fine with me.

I do have a problem with people who have itchy fingers, and with laws that loosely define how and when you can discharge your weapon.

Spears 'had nothing to do with' paparazzi shooting.......

Pop star Britney Spears and her security staff have denied knowledge of the pellet-gun shooting of a photographer who was staking out a private baby shower for the singer in Malibu.

Paparazzi photographer Brad Diaz said he was struck in the thigh by a pellet on Saturday outside the mansion where the pregnant star was visiting and enjoying a party thrown for her.

Police are investigating his complaint of misdemeanour battery.

"Britney didn't know anything about it. She had nothing to do with it," said Spears' publicist, Nicole King. Asked whether the singer's security was involved, King said "Oh no!"

Spears, 23, whose first baby is due in October, has remained as much a subject of tabloid fascination since her marriage to dancer Kevin Federline and her pregnancy as in her days as a teen pop phenomenon.

Police said Diaz was treated with an adhesive bandage at the scene and described his injury as insignificant. But they said they would reconstruct the incident and talk to everyone involved.

"We will conduct a thorough investigation just as we would with any other complaint," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Video taken by other media outside the Malibu house showed Diaz with a bloody thigh and guests entering the well-screened villa carrying gifts and packages.

source-REUTERS

post-23-1123557592.jpg

I'm not a liberal, and even I think you're entire argument is retarded. There are more than two types of people in the world. Stop with the buzz word Fox News labels. Get your own opinion, and don’t take everything that the NRA and the Republican party says as gospel.

:lol: and hurry the fuck up about it, Red. *yawn* :lol:

:lol:

didja get yer own opinion yet? didja? huh? :lol:

Nope!  I got mine from the NRA.

Ken was force fed his from Sarah Brady.

So....Sarah Brady is a person to be ridiculed because she has a husband whose life was nearly snuffed out by a gun-toting nut? And should she be ridiculed because her husband suffered brain damage from his injuries? Even NRA wingnuts, if thrown into her situation, might have some second thoughts about the wonderfulness of guns. Remember, this woman is a Republican whose husband took a bullet meant for a beloved Republican president, Ronald Reagan...

Did Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly or some other media phony program you to say this?

Ken was force fed his from Sarah Brady.

Koop, that spiel was so absurd that I started not to even bother to respond. Sarah is the mouthpiece for anti-gun so she is the target of pro-gun. I didn't say anything about her and her husband's tragedy. Am I supposed to agree with what she says because her husband got shot? Charlton Heston is the mouthpiece, or was until recently, of the NRA. He has Alzheimer's disease. I don't see anything wrong with you disagreeing with him. Just because he is ill doesn't mean you have to agree with him. It is in poor taste to make fun of his illness but I have seen lots of poor taste jokes around here and some are funny as Hell. You and I disagree on a lot of things but I have never seen you so far off base as with the preceding post. I never ridiculed Sarah or Jim for their misfortune.

I was just joking about Ken and anyone with a lick of sense could see that.

If you don't apologize I will move into your neighborhood and lower the property value. I may even bring my wife/sister/niece. If there is enough room in the car I may bring more than one person. :reallymad:

If you don't apologize I will move into your neighborhood....

Pack a lunch, Buffalo Bill. It's not my fault you can't grasp cause and effect. The only concept you Repugs know is "stay the course." I'm gonna look forward to having you here in the Silver Heights area....you'll be an upgrade from the neighbor who proudly showed off his downloaded collection of race songs, or the neighbor who keeps grown rotweilers and boxers in the house....to breed. And they guard the family when he's in jail, too. So welcome to Louisville!

charlton heston has alztheimer's? is it cool to make fun of him yet or do we have to wait a little while out of respect (not for him, for other alztheimer's sufferers)?

charlton heston has alztheimer's? is it cool to make fun of him yet or do we have to wait a little while out of respect (not for him, for other alztheimer's sufferers)?

Don't know if Heston's illness was involved or not, but his meeting with Redneck's pal Michael Moore in Fahrenheit 911 was priceless.

By the way, I was one of about 85,000 co-stars in a Charlton Heston movie, Number One. He played an aging quarterback of the New Orleans Saints football team in that one, and they filmed scenes at halftime of an actual Saints/Cowboys game in 1968. I was in the end zone that day at Tulane Stadium in N.O.

I'm still looking for another good script to advance my career...

Don't know if Heston's illness was involved or not, but his meeting with Redneck's pal Michael Moore in Fahrenheit 911 was priceless.

:lol: yup, absolutely classic, that.

in other alztheimer's news, i found out yesterday that aluminum foil kinda helps it along...all those years i smoked through foil when i ran out of screens, oh my. um, what was i saying again? :lol:

:lol: LMAO!