Alcohol Helps You Think

DudeAsInCool

Alcohol helps you think, say scientists

REGULARLY having a glass of wine or two with dinner could sharpen your dinner party conversation.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16135927-13762,00.html

This really is no suprise.

It has been known for a while that small/moderate quantities of Alcohol ingested daily or on occasion have a positive effect on health.

Abstain altogether, or drink too much, and you could be a dullard.

Drink too much and you'll be pretty funny to watch (before you vomit that is).

However, not drinking doesn't mean you'll be dull-witted. It just "might" mean a small difference in a person who is dull to begin with........possibly.

I certainly don't have any problems with conversation, or thinking in general.

I know some people who drink moderately, and they're assholes who amaze me with their ability to survive the day without choking to death on their own drool.

An Australian National University study of 7000 people
7000 Canberra and Queanbeyan residents

This isn't a good representative sample.

It's a cluster sample.

The results are sketchy at best.

1 or 2 glasses are fine. It "unties" your tongue as greeks say but more than that make could have negative effect on everything. Besides driving.

I could tell you a billion stories about it...

I think the effect would have more to do with thinning of the blood, which can increase bloodflow to the brain. This is the reason Ginko is supposed to work, as it opens bloodflow in the brain specifically. Moderate amounts of alcohol also tend to lower blood pressure, and relieve stress. Thinner blood also has an easier time passing blockages, reducing risks of heart attack and stroke. Too much alcohol thins the blood too much, leading to high blood pressure, and higher risks of heart attack and stroke. High blood pressure can also increase risks of aneurisms, as a higher pressure causes more pressure against weakened vessel walls, causing anuerisms.

whatever! glug glug glug glug glug. ahhhhhh...good to the last drop. :)

The problem is, alcohol always made me think of all the wrong things.

:o

i know what you mean...alcohol usually makes me think i should've gotten high instead. :lol: