Bob Dylan Signs CD Deal With Starbucks

Bob Dylan has become the latest musician to sign up to an exclusive CD deal with a coffee chain.

Dylan: Live at the Gaslight 1962 will feature 10 previously unreleased tracks from New York's Gaslight Cafe, recorded more than 40 years ago.

Read more here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4629233.stm

Coffee chain bans Springsteen CD

US coffee shop chain Starbucks has banned the sale of rock star Bruce Springsteen's album over concerns about its adult content.

The retailer - which stocks CDs at its branches in the US - said it would be promoting other albums instead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4520531.stm

I'm not going to comment on Springsteen's song-content, because it would be biased due to my disdain for him prior to this album's release.

I've always found him to be bland and uninspiring, not to mention the fact he can't sing for beans.

For any interested in the specifics of Starbucks decision (agree, disagree, or don't care), have a read at this one...

http://www.lyricscafe.com/s/springsteen_bruce/231.htm

Counterculture legend Bob Dylan on Monday became the latest musician to sign up with Starbucks in an exclusive CD deal that follows the runaway success of a Ray Charles album sold by the coffee maker.

Dylan: Live at the Gaslight 1962, co-released with Sony BMG Custom Marketing Group, will hit Starbucks coffee shops August 30. It features 10 previously unreleased tracks from performances at New York's Gaslight Cafe over four decades ago, including A Hard Rains A-Gonna Fall and Don't Think Twice It's Alright.

more here......

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3329346a4500,00.html

post-92-1120021058.jpg

his music always bored me...a long time ago he did a free gig downtown NYC, my BF and i were the only ones looking the wrong way (i have the pics somewhere).

how did you know, Dude? :lol:

Homer: BOOOORRR-ring! (yes, even when he did 'because the night' w/Patti, i felt ashamed for her and totally bored by the pop shite that seemed to enthrall so many others.)

how did you know, Dude? :lol:

Homer: BOOOORRR-ring! (yes, even when he did 'because the night' w/Patti, i felt ashamed for her and totally bored by the pop shite that seemed to enthrall so many others.)

I like him and he aint boring ;)

then quit answering for me--i can do that very nicely myself. :lol:

then quit answering for me--i can do that very nicely myself. :lol:

I was just covering for ya while you were doing a bong :smokin:

ooh, that reminds me: could you recommend some good online bong places where i can order one? i never had my own before so keep that in mind on your travels over the internets. :lol: oh, and i'm taking a really big hit off my pipe now and thinking of youuuuuuuu :wub:

ooh, that reminds me: could you recommend some good online bong places where i can order one? i never had my own before so keep that in mind on your travels over the internets. :lol: oh, and i'm taking a really big hit off my pipe now and thinking of youuuuuuuu :wub:

Tommy Chong used to have one :reallymad: There is a place in Hollywood that has everything... tell me what you want and I will look

you're angry that tommy chong had one? WTF? :lol:

:lol: captain paranoid and his other welsh brethren call it my 'old man's pipe' but what do they know?

i like her boots and her stockings. :)