Sharing Community is Ready :)

Mr.Cassette

Hi, hello everyone & thank you very much for such wonderful forum :)

I used to come here from time to time, can't tell you how much I like this place, just like any other place talking about music ;)

Well, if I want to talk about myself I'll tell you that my name is "Zaid Tariq" and I'm an old music fan, I have good history of 15 years working with the media, and currently I am responsible for some music sharing communities that uses new protocols.

Allow me to introduce our new network system for file sharing, it's called "MusiCafe ExoSee Community", based on the XOC protocol for providing Audio Albums & Video Clips as Multisource.

You tried KaZaa, IRC, Emule & Bittorent for getting what you want before, but all these software are in the risk of Illegal file sharing concederation, after they got all success and fame, it's time to try something really different and more professional & legal.

With ExoSee, you'll be connected inside private community, which means you'll know the users and they will know you too, then when you recieve a file from someone you'll get specific thing from specific friend, now this is called "legal activity", just like a friend send a file to other friend by messenger or something.

You're not connected to global network that is causing danger on music societies, it's just like any small private community, based on people who understand each other & help each other, which means by other words: If you're not going to take part in files multisource, then this is not your place, we don't like leechers, if you want to get our stuff then you should make sure to provide them to the others by using our amazing xoc:// protocol, just like the idea of (Seed & Get, get & seed), not a big difference.

OK, I'll not talk very much about it now, I'll just let you see the community webpage:

http://musicafe.netfirms.com

** Note: Make sure you have flash & java installed first on your machine **

We are currently providing more than 80 new release as multisource, and thousands of stuff by normal & private file sharing, multisource releases are the latest on the world, with best quality MP3 VBR for Albums & SVCD for Videos.

Other features of the site are:

1- MusiCafe XOC-Links Releases scrollbared area, to browse, click & download XOC releases.

2- MusiCafe XOC Flash Player, to watch online streams for our latest added XOC files before deciding to download them from the network.

3- MusiCafe ShoutBox, instant chat forum for making discussions, requests & everything else.

4- MusiCafe Start-Up! Point, your first step to learn about who & how principles to set up the software & connect to the network properly.

5- Advanced flash tutorials wizard, a flash tutorial show to teach you our 5 FAQ solutions for connecting & using the program.

6- Live Operator Chat, to talk directly as one-to-one with any of MusiCafe moderators if available for assistance.

7- XOC Files Requirements, links for the important compatable software that you may need to extract/watch the XOC releases after downloading them.

8- XOC Files Uploader, a sendthisfile upload system allows you to send your own releases or rips to our database in order to include them on next time.

9- BabelFish translation to translate the site to other languages.

10 - More other things like Java chat room, news applet, services, solutions & support FAQ links, etc ..

Now, what do you think? this is an invitation to all music lovers to create wonderful music sharing society for this forum, try it before you judge it, it's a free service for only those who cares, for just the cool guys and girls who are bored from waiting on other P2P connections, this program will give you an instant fast download for the XOC releases, and the speed is faster if more releasers are available online.

Last but not least: these are the important links to begin your journey:

Flash Tutorial Wizard - Teacher for beginners

ExoSee Software - Download Link

The Community Forum - More XOC releases

Mr.Cassette Forum - WOW downloads provider

ExoSee Home - Software Provider

ATTN: Mods and/or Admins

This should be moved to the "File Sharing" section of the forums under the sub-forum "Opinions and Analysis" because it's not information on new release or new version release, otherwise it would go in the "New Releases" section.

Thanks in advance.

I really haven't been able to sort through all the fancy graphics, commercial type plugging, and random stuff on the provided links though to see if a change log for the ExoSee application itself exists.

My gut instinct tells me it's not a new program version (released 15 days ago or less).

It's a safe bet to put it in the forum I suggested until additional information is available.

Edited by Ken

it's time to try something really different and more professional & legal.

"More professional" is an irrelevant point when it comes to P2P. Actually, "professionalism" has been spoken by many players in the P2P community that have done pretty rotten things. Sharman networks is pretty "professional", and we all know what they've done to people.

File Sharing applications are legal (even after the recent court rulings).

Legal action results when someone makes copyrighted material available for download in an open network where it's available to people you may not know (public P2P networks), and who may be working for the interests of the holder.

Obviously, if you use a private sharing system, and you share only with people you "know", then chances are you're not going to come under fire. ExoSee does this....

However, that's nothing new at all. There are plenty of mediums to do that (private FTP, IRC, IM programs, E-mail, running on foot to your friends house, carrier pigeon as long as it's not birdnapped by the RIAA/MPAA/Other).

The only thing to be determined is "What advantages does ExoSee offer over alternatives that make it better to use over one of the above mentioned?".

Now, one last thing for MODS and ADMINS.

v0.99.018, according to their forums, was released April 3, 2005.

It's not a new release, so it should go in the "Opinions and Analysis" section (it's really a review and recommendation of the software/community anyway, and not a program release).

Edited by Ken

Hi, hello everyone & thank you very much for such wonderful forum :)

I used to come here from time to time, can't tell you how much I like this place, just like any other place talking about music ;)

Hi Zaid and welcome to Beatking :scratchin:

Hello back people, thank you very much for reading my article :)

I want to start first with an apology for posting this information on wrong section, as you know, that was my first post & I was confused about the most proper place to put the information right, but then I wondered and said "moderators of this forum know thier job and they will transfer this thread to the right place if it won't fit on first place", and that's exactly what you did, you are wonderful people :lol:

Back to the subject, yes the software is not new by the meaning of sharing or of released versions, but it's new for it's protocol and website feature, let me explain:

When this software began first (about 2 years ago) I was one of the oldest users to make a deal with hosting a private community in that place, the feature which got my attention immediatly is the privacy & stability, I was looking & tried alot of similar softwares, but they were either too popular, too confusing, too complicated, too many users or too many GLOBAL connections (I wrote that in Capital), yes, examples like KaZaA & Emule: you'll never know who is downloading from you or who you're downloading from :scratchin:

And yes once again, File Sharing is legal, but abusing it with copyrighted material is illegal (just if that thing is so popular widely used on the web till reaching the level of hurting the artist) while if it's for private small community it won't even be noticable :read this:

And answering back to a previously posted question, I wanted to say that even if this version is not very much new, but the advantage of using it's multisource protocol & community creating didn't start until few months ago, and now we feel that we are officially ready to start doing this job after we tested it, completed designing it's website & provided the necessary downloads & equipments for using it :good job:

Another question was: what's the special feature that makes this program looks like it's more professional than other similar P2P sharing .. well, I can summurize them in 2 points:

1- This is a network sharing, just like a group of lans meeting together, a worldwide network connection which is unlike using other protocols in the world for P2P sharing mostly based on FTP or HTTP principles, this is completly new protocol & new xoc://likeLinks.ext that can be downloaded with the specified software, using a range of ports 714-725. Some similarities are the ed2k links of Emule & .bittorent links, but these are not protocols like what ExoSee is having.

2- I consider ExoSee as the only software which mix (contain) these 2 features of (Room Sharing Environment & Multisource connection provider) .. that's why I call ExoSee as a mix of IRC-Bittorent (in a simple way), or when we say that ExoSee is easier to use than IRC & faster to download than bittorent ... the first part (Room Sharing Environment) is like you join an IRC channel room when you see other users online, or also like DC++ hub .. etc .. but these softwares are not having the ability of Multisource Sharing like ExoSee.

And opposite is true, the 2nd part (MultiSource connection provider) is like bittorent when you get the files on Multisource, but on Bittorent, Kazaa, etc .. you'll not be living in Room Sharing Environment to see the users who are available there, unlike ExoSee :righteousdude:

Final words to say: I am doing this just for fun, not to get a benefit for my own, because I believe file sharing is a must to every music fan & that by doing it we support the artists more by making thier releases very popular and that will increase the sells of artists' & bands' products in all of the world :yup:

I would really become happy when anybody of you gives it a try, just to believe that it's true & I'll give you unlimited assistance when you come to support me, you'll find me there inside "MusiCafe" Community (don't go to somewhere else like "Dvault" community, you should add the network address manually like how we explained this on our site and tutorial) .. my nickname there is "Zaid" and I'm very eagerly waiting to meet newbies, just make sure you don't have firewall/routing issues because ExoSee is a network system and that you can't use it correctly to contact/download from anybody unless you solve these issues, we explained how to do a successful access to our community through our tutorials & FAQ pages too :kissy face:

Edited by Mr.Cassette

thank you very much for such wonderful forum  :)

*preening* you're welcome :) :lol:

I want to start first with an apology for posting this information on wrong section

Actually that's no problem at all.

If you stick around the forum, you'll get a feel for where things go.

ExoSee related material will generally end up somewhere in the File Sharing section.

If you need help on where exactly to post a thread, PM a Mod, Admin or me if you'd like (EDIT: I'm back on MOD status, so I can help with thread placement on demand).

Welcome to BeatKing.

you'll never know who is downloading from you or who you're downloading from

I understand this, and this is the basis for all RIAA lawsuits.

However, I pose this question to you.

How well do the users in your community "know" each other? If I was an RIAA operative, couldn't I join your community and rake in some IP addresses for lawsuit fodder?

Stability I can't argue (and won't because I haven't used your software), but privacy is something very few (if any) sharing systems have.

As a matter of fact, FreeNet and in some cases Newsgroups postings are about 99% anon, and then again, FreeNet users who store data or proxy for others might now be vulnerable. Also, NNTP providers may or may not remove headers that can identify who uploaded what content.

So really, I'm curious as to how much "privacy" your client and community can offer.

I worry about it because it seems to be a tag line when you reach out to people to participate in your community, and people need to know exactly what they're getting into without exaggeration and/or hype (which I'm not accusing you of specifically).

I remember finding out about ExoSee back in my ZeroPaid days...it wasn't a bad little prog, just needed more people on board to make it worthwhile.

Might be neat if some us who hang out in the BeatKing room on SoulSeek checked it out and reported back...

Okey, I'll give some short answers, and I hope I can be useful for you:

1- ExoSee product's Author is an indivitual person called "Chagdali Ismael" who is living in France, server location is in France, and as you know, France is still not one of the countries that are under the control of RIAA regime (that's how I call it :lol: ) unlike USA, Canada, etc ... France is a fedralic Goverment with alot of freedom & minimum laws of sueing it's citizen for file sharing, this speech is taken from the author himself, you can find more information about Privacy is ExoSee's forum.

2- Since you are a user with some limited abilities over the communities, you can make benefit of these limited services to share only legal files on public directories (you are the one who decide which files are legal or not) .. and in that case you'll not be accessed by any anonymous people who are seeking media contents, you will be responsible for your private folders which you can give thier accesses to only people whom you trust, and ofcourse those people are your personal friends or those whom you're sure they has no relationship with RIAA or such organizations by any means, you're the one who control that, not them.

3- The domain duration time of exosee.com has been suspended due to the delay in updating the software and now they are parking the website, this case means the software is not under "announcable" development, this means it'll be no more metered in future because the accesses to use ExoSee software are made from private parties which has no relationship with the author, exactly like us, you'll not find a download link for the software on it's official site, RIAA or any other organizations cannot sue a program that it stopped it's development or support because the Author is not responsible to it's users behaviours anymore.

4- ExoSee is pure clean, not using any system of ads, advertises, banners, etc .. that involves it with a third party of which it is having illegal behaviors, not even a paid software with cracks or serials use to make it be considered as illegal, it is freeware, and not using any web server to store files which are considered to be illegal, not also using a third medium to send files between users, users can send and share files directly from one user's pc to other user's pc, this flow of information on the web is legal.

5- ExoSee is still unpopular, not even close to be popular because of the weak support of it's Author & global sources of promoting services & users .. ExoSee is just like a leaf cut from a tree, it is very difficult to trace it's activities because it's not based on the location of the domain that was refering to, if you use a search engine to find many sources about ExoSee they will all point to the domain which is not having any information currently for how & where to get & use this software .. even if you recieve an installation file somehow and you try to connect to the existing 3 communities you'll never connect because they are all down and expired communities, and there is no way to search or find other working communities through the use of this software, only by having us telling you about adding our private community to your program .. this is private of the privates.

Now I hope I did answer a satisfying reply! :)

1- ExoSee product's Author is an indivitual person called "Chagdali Ismael" who is living in France, server location is in France, and as you know, France is still not one of the countries that are under the control of RIAA regime (that's how I call it laugh.gif ) unlike USA, Canada, etc ... France is a fedralic Goverment with alot of freedom & minimum laws of sueing it's citizen for file sharing, this speech is taken from the author himself, you can find more information about Privacy is ExoSee's forum.

2- Since you are a user with some limited abilities over the communities, you can make benefit of these limited services to share only legal files on public directories (you are the one who decide which files are legal or not) .. and in that case you'll not be accessed by any anonymous people who are seeking media contents, you will be responsible for your private folders which you can give thier accesses to only people whom you trust, and ofcourse those people are your personal friends or those whom you're sure they has no relationship with RIAA or such organizations by any means, you're the one who control that, not them.

Ok.

You must understand though that this is nothing more than private sharing, which has been around forever. Based on your description, it may be better in that it's a community approach (like Audiogalaxy was, and SoulSeek is).

All the other stuff about server location and accountability is irrelevant.

There are plenty of systems that cannot be shut down by the industries (decentralized systems mostly). What this does tell me though is that this is a centralized P2P network.

Moving on......

This also tells me that if you share copyrighted material on "public directories" then it is entirely possible for someone working for the industries to initiate a file transfer, discover your IP address, and if you're in a particular country that allows it, can provide that address for use in a lawsuit. That's really about the same as any public P2P network, though it's possible that your system is less popular and that the industries may not be camped out and waiting............yet. I could be wrong about that though. They might already be lurking.

ExoSee is pure clean, not using any system of ads, advertises, banners, etc .. that involves it with a third party of which it is having illegal behaviors, not even a paid software with cracks or serials use to make it be considered as illegal, it is freeware, and not using any web server to store files which are considered to be illegal, not also using a third medium to send files between users, users can send and share files directly from one user's pc to other user's pc, this flow of information on the web is legal.

That's always good to know.......