Galloway to Congress: You have nothing on me

KiwiCoromandel

Fiery British politician George Galloway today vehemently denied ever receiving Iraqi oil kickbacks from Saddam Hussein's regime, as he faced down his accusers in the US Congress.

"I am not now, nor have I ever been an oil trader," Galloway told a US congressional panel investigating the scandal-plagued UN Oil-for-Food program, in a withering refutation of charges that he personally profited from the program to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Galloway insisted the allegations were "utterly unsubstantiated and false".

"You have nothing on me ... other than my name on lists ... many of which have been drawn up after the installation of your puppet government in Baghdad," the pugnacious politician said.

more here.........

http://smh.com.au/news/World/Galloway-to-C...6361569660.html

post-91-1116377931.jpg

i was watching this on TV yesterday, i fuckin love it! :)

He really let rip.

Watch him:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4553601.stm

Interesting if it is true that Food-For-Oil was killing so many. Blame Sadam for killing so many, but how many were dieing because of the West, rather then in spite of?

Some hippie said on the news that although Galloway is great for news sound bites, he just skimmed the surface of what food-for-oil was doing to iraqi children in comparison to the numbers saddam was gassing.

whatever he did, i'm pleased he went over to DC and shit all over those thugs. 'fucks,' i meant 'fucks.

Is there any.................you know...................evidence against him?

Something us little people with incomes below $1,000,000 USD/Politicians are allowed to view?

I hear accusations, but I haven't seen or heard any details on this.

• 5 months later...

It is back in the news and this time it is more serious:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4374534.stm

I would like to think it is the humiliated Senator Norm Coleman wanting to scrounge back some dignity. I love the way Coleman has appeared on every TV station saying he has no feelings on the subject with a big "got him" grin on his face.

Galloway is certainly confident too.

I have an odd feeling that this is going to be a fight between those profiteering before the war and those profiteering now. The pot calling the kettle black.

It will at least make for some good TV!

Wouldn't surprise me if he has done something wrong, he's one the meanest, nastiest pieces of work you're ever likely to encounter.

As a guy I once met in Turkey said (about someone else) "He is what you would call a shit man".

Sums him up perfectly......

fucking rubbish...they`re only going after him because he`s on the left of the british labour (ha!!..what a fucking joke!!) party and he stood against the illegal invasion of iraq by blair and bush..and because he spoke so eloquently in his own defence during the charade set up by pro war american (and british) politicians......one reason that they`re focussing on galloway at the moment is that they`re just trying to get the heat off dick cheyney and tom delay and the other corrupt bastards in the white house......

Is there any.................you know...................evidence against him?

Something us little people with incomes below $1,000,000 USD/Politicians are allowed to view?

I hear accusations, but I haven't seen or heard any details on this.

only the patently false evidence that has been painstakingly manufactured over the last 10 to 15 years by galloway`s enemies.....