Black Smoke at Vatican

Ken

Just checked in and saw this posting. It was me who edited it because it read no Pope chosen. It needed updating. I beliieve my name is on the initial post as having edited the subtitle. That's what a mod does. The sub-title had been inaccurate since the previous day, so I added, I believe, "and the Rat emerges" as the updated subtitle. Many major newspapers, such as the one Dude posted a pic of, used some sort of Rat or Ratzi headline because this new Pope has some skeletons in the closet, in addition to being quite a hardliner. So I fail to see how that subtitle could have been too radical.

Ratzi predicts short reign

Pope Benedict XVI predicted a "short reign" in comments to cardinals just after his election, and his brother said Wednesday he was worried about the stress the job would put on the 78-year-old pontiff.

Joseph Ratzinger has had ailments in the past, including a 1991 hemorrhagic stroke, that raise questions about how long his papacy will last — and whether the world will watch another pope slowly succumb to age and ailments on a very public stage. Benedict was the oldest pontiff elected in 275 years.

For the rest of the article click here:

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050421/a...ealth&printer=1

That's what a mod does.

I've often wondered.

--

As for the short reign... they elected a 78 year old. They didn't want a long reign. :D

I've often wondered.

an admin told me to make an 'x' in someone's box last week. i submitted. :)

black smoke, white smoke, who cares? :lol:

post-86-1114151313.jpg

Where there's smoke, there's fire :lol:

Benedict Says He Prayed Not to Be Elected

By DANIELA PETROFF, Associated Press Writer

VATICAN CITY - Pope Benedict XVI said Monday he had viewed the idea of being elected pope as a "guillotine," and he prayed to God during the recent conclave to be spared selection but "evidently this time He didn't listen to me."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...e_reflections_2

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday he had viewed the idea of being elected pope as a "guillotine," and he prayed to God during the recent conclave to be spared selection but "evidently this time He didn't listen to me."

Hmmm... do we really want a Pope that God does NOT listen to? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I want the thread title and the article to remain.........ah............."professional" so as not to offend anyone on behalf of BeatKing.

where to begin? oh wait--you can't do anything on behalf of bk anymore. :lol: