America We Stand As One

Cerebral_Assassin

I saw this a few days ago. There are a 1000 blogs out there that say it better than me.

So maybe I'll stick with advice from Thumper's mother.

There are many, many reasons to love America, or any country you're a native of, just as there are also many reasons to be critical or suspicious of the ulterior motives that the leadership of each country tries to conceal. One way of concealing these motives is to grab onto an emotional issue, such as the 9-11 attack, and to wring out every bit of sentimentality and pathos in the form of art. There are countless songs, paintings and books about that hot-button event which rally the masses against the perpetrators of the heinous carnage, and by extension solidify the support of the masses with the leadership in the battle against injustice.

More often than not, most of these works of art, despite good intentions by many of the artists, are done in such a heavy-handed fashion that they become almost comical in their simple-mindedness. I'm afraid that this is one of those efforts. But I'd bet it's on George Bush's red-white & blue Ipod.

There are many, many reasons to love America, or any country you're a native of, just as there are also many reasons to be critical or suspicious of the ulterior motives that the leadership of each country tries to conceal. One way of concealing these motives is to grab onto an emotional issue, such as the 9-11 attack, and to wring out every bit of sentimentality and pathos in the form of art. There are countless songs, paintings and books about that hot-button event which rally the masses against the perpetrators of the heinous carnage, and by extension solidify the support of the masses with the leadership in the battle against injustice.

More often than not, most of these works of art, despite good intentions by many of the artists, are done in such a heavy-handed fashion that they become almost comical in their simple-mindedness. I'm afraid that this is one of those efforts. But I'd bet it's on George Bush's red-white & blue Ipod.

I was just saying that I thought it was a well made video and song.......I didn't in any way bring "politics" into it.

I was just disagreeing with the person that put the link up saying it was horrible.

That's all.

I was just saying that I thought it was a well made video and song.......I

Yep, the production values were high. I particularly like the shot of the moon over the beach.

Are you guys suggesting this wasn't a parody?

Yep, the production values were high. I particularly like the shot of the moon over the beach.

Are you guys suggesting this wasn't a parody?

Would I use "heavy-handed", "comical" and "simple-mindedness" if I thought it was? Sorry Dude, but in the South that's what passes as straight-forward entertainment of the highest order.

It did bring to mind some of the Mike Curb Congregation efforts of the 70's and 80's.....

Would I use "heavy-handed", "comical" and "simple-mindedness" if I thought it was? Sorry Dude, but in the South that's what passes as straight-forward entertainment of the highest order. It did bring to mind some of the Mike Curb Congregation efforts of the 70's and 80's.....

The page the link directed me to suggested it was a parody. Mike Curb--was he behind UP With People? I know he was a rock promoter here in Cali, but I cant remember one band beyond the Mike Curb Congregation (who have since dispersed :lol: )

The page the link directed me to suggested it was a parody. Mike Curb--was he behind UP With People? I know he was a rock promoter here in Cali, but I cant remember one band beyond the Mike Curb Congregation (who have since dispersed :lol: )

America We Stand As One is no parody. Here's some info and some friendly cease-and-desist from the star, David Madalone:

http://allaboutthebenjamins.blogspot.com/2...s-one-gate.html

I'm with this guy:

"Latigo Flint said...Well I have to believe it's a parody or I may go insane. (The Onion's "Holy F*cking Sh*t" ran in late Sept/early Oct 2001 - and Dennis did work on Matt & Trey's 'That's my Bush'.)"

i saw it when it first came out and laughed my ass off, got bored after a minute or two and then got embarrassed, knowing everyone would eventually see it.

Christian Rock Radio Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for flag waving and patriotism.... but this.... was..... hmmmmmm.... can't say gay, cause that's bigoted..... ummmmm..... dorky, cheesy, the worst of the 80's.

Now, on the patriotism and flag waving... just don't carry it too far.