Lars Ulrich Makes Hostile Takeover of Beatallica

Lars has assumed ownership of Beatallica, the band who plays "Beatles tunes, Metallica-style".

larsulrich.jpg

"I did the right thing and stood up to the megacorporation who was trying to bully the little guy (Beatallica). But there's no free lunch in life. N-n-n-napster (sic) should have taugh you that much. I had to sell two of my paintings to pay for those lawyers' time to consult on the matter, so I am exercising the my rights written into the agreement Beatallica signed when we began negotiating with Sony on their behalf. I am taking over the band and will assume all profits from performances and merchandising until that time my debt incurred is paid off. I have the final say in everything the band does. Furthermore, if the band decides to disband, I am entitled to their regular wages to pay back the legal fees."

Beatallica had been slapped with a cease and desist order by Sony and had its website(s) shut down as a result of the claimed copyright infringement of the Beatles' musical compositions. Tierney, 35, an occupational therapist by day, was pleasantly surprised when Ulrich called him a few weeks ago and helped negotiate with Sony's lawyers in order to clear the matter--But Tierney was furious when he heard Lars' statement. (A mostly bleeped/edited version of Tierney's reaction was aired on "live" (time delayed) MTV news.)

Source:Metalunderground.com

where to begin? :lol: my biggest issues: 'band who plays "Beatles tunes, Metallica-style", 'I had to sell two of my paintings to pay for those lawyers' time to consult on the matter,' 'will assume all profits from performances and merchandising until that time my debt incurred is paid off,' 'if the band decides to disband, I am entitled to their regular wages to pay back the legal fees." and "Larz 0wnz Beatallica. Larz 0wns j00!"

So what is Lars saying..........he had to sell his paintings cause he has no money?

Why does he not have any money? What did he do with it?

Drugs? Drink? Or is it because of those who downloaded Metallica's music and stole all of his money because they didn't buy the albums? Does he not get paid for touring?

Whiney little bastard.

i pick door number 3, ossifer...(because of those who downloaded Metallica's music and stole all of his money because they didn't buy the albums)...not.

chris calls him whiney as in 'that whiney little prick.' :)

I was under the impression this was a joke.

Are you people telling me this is real, and that Ulrich actually made those statements in a serious manner?

Im trying to track this down. It is true that Ulrich stepped in to mediate with Sony saying that he believes the band should be free to paraody whoever they like. Here's the story from NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4533853

Ok - here's the lowdown on the update/and this article:

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/detai...fm?newsid=12904

...and a whiney little prick.