Canada Permits 320,000 Seals To Be Slaughtered

KiwiCoromandel

I see them just about every day,and had to warn a chap that built a mansion to keep his kids away from them. We have a lot of not so cuddley harbour seals around here also, and they all seem to have permanent PMS, it seems to be a problem with both the males, and females. Frigging city folks got a lot to learn, first off, dont mess with the wildlife.

Here's some footage from a seal hunt - I dont know whether this is doctored or not, but clearly there must be a more humane way...

http://www.ifilm.com/viralvideo?ifilmid=2667866&bw=200

i won't look. (feel free to tell me about it though).

It seems fine to me. The seals are clubbed in the head and are dead in a second. What do expect? I am sure there are some seals that are thought to be dead that in fact are not and they suffer. It is not a perfect situation but what is? The same thing happens to cattle when they are slaughtered. Sometimes they don't drop dead as intended. If that video was supposed to make me support peta it had the opposite effect. I dislike peta in general but I thought they may have a point in the way these hunts are handled. After watching the video I am totally in favor of the way the seals are hunted. I have no opinion on how many should be killed but the manner in which the hunt is conducted seems fine. You can't round up 300,000 seals, sedate them and put them to sleep like a convicted murderer. My opinion that peta is a bunch of nuts has just been reinforced.

That's the same way we killed the rabbits we trapped. They go into a box and the door drops behind them. You raise the door, reach in and pull the uninjured rabbit out by his hind legs. As he is hanging down he will raise his head and you pop him in the back of the head with a stick. He is dead in a second.

Rather than wonder if it's doctored I wonder in what year they shot it. And maybe a little about why the men never paid much attention to the guy standing across the way filming them.

Rather than wonder if it's doctored I wonder in what year they shot it. And maybe a little about why the men never paid much attention to the guy standing across the way filming them.

Thats why I wondered whether it was doctored or not.... On the other hand, its a pretty brutal thing to watch... in fact, I didnt watch the whole thing

That's the same way we killed the rabbits we trapped. They go into a box and the door drops behind them. You raise the door, reach in and pull the uninjured rabbit out by his hind legs. As he is hanging down he will raise his head and you pop him in the back of the head with a stick. He is dead in a second.

fuckin hell...do you ever look them in the eyes?

You think that is brutal? You ought to see the way we club liberals around here. :lol:

another fan of poisonous cunt ann coulter...lovely. :mad:

Are you a vegetarian? If you eat any meat the animal was killed. I don't knowingly eat meat from animals that died of natural causes. :blink:

I don't look them in the eyes to answer your question. I didn't look the quail in the eyes either before I shot them.

I don't even look my baked potato in the eyes when I cut it open. :lol:

:lol: I dont think even Redneck would buy into Ann Coulter

baseball bat...club...what the fuck's the difference? :lol:

redneck, the PC never stopped hooking.

Are you a vegetarian? If you eat any meat the animal was killed.

big duhhhhh (no, i'm not a vegetarian)

SG, with every bite of meat I expect you to visualize some poor, mistreated animal being herded up and ran through the mill. They are poked and prodded until they are in the right spot the BAM! Shot in the head or knocked in the head. Then dragged around, cut up and that's it. Life is over.

Or you could just add a little steak sauce and think about getting laid. :lol:

Edited by Redneck4sure

Or you could just add a little steak sauce and think about getting laid. :lol:

exactly what i do (apart from the 'thinking about getting laid' part) :)

Paul Watson: Seal hunt questions and answers

Paul Watson is president of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and a long-time opponent of Canada's policy of killing harp seals.

Question: Canadian Fisheries Minister Geoff Regan has said that the harp seal numbers have to be reduced to allow for the recovery of groundfish like the cod. Isn't this a valid argument?

Paul Watson: It is an argument that has absolutely no scientific credibility. The cod fishery collapsed because of the greed of the Canadian and foreign dragger fleets and because of the gross incompetence and mismanagement of the fishery by the Canadian Department of Fisheries and Oceans.

On February 1st, 2005, the United States published Senate Resolution 33 which states:

" Whereas the fishing and sealing industries in Canada continue to justify the expanded seal hunt on the grounds that the seals in the Northwest Atlantic are preventing the recovery of cod stocks, despite the lack of any credible scientific evidence to support this claim; whereas two Canadian Government marine scientists reported in 1994 that the true cause of cod depletion in the North Atlantic was over-fishing, and the consensus among the international scientific community is that seals are not responsible for the collapse of cod stocks ".

People need not take my word for this. I'm sure the US Senate has enough credibility to address this particular lie by the Canadian government....

Read more of this interview........

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=4...jectID=10118446

Then clearly I think it's time to wipe them right off the earth. If the little fuckers are having no effect what good are they?

It's just humor Kiwi.

You sir, are a provocateur :lol:

i've got another name for him. :)

• 2 weeks later...