Bush nominates hawk for World Bank

method77

Well, if you want to go way out there and connect all the dots:

Jim Marrs

Dec 8 2004, 07:11 PM

I am gratified that so many people are still following the JFK assassination case. The truth is out there as we speak. But, if anyone is waiting for a formal government pronouncement of the truth, they are in for a long wait. I feel today we need to turn our investigative efforts to the 9/11 conspiracy. This is bigger than the JFK case because more than one man died and the evidence of conspiracy is emerging much faster than in the 1960s. Plus, we all know that 9/11 is the foundation of everything that has occurred since -- Patriot Act, Homeland Security, tighter government control, invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, even the 2004 elections.

I sometimes wonder whether life is just more random than we think and we are the ones trying to connect the dots just to make sense of it. On the other hand :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...check this out :o Gerald Ford, former member of the Warren Commission, is now peddling autographed books on the assassination. Look at who was on his staff when he was President:

"I completely replaced cabinet and staff. You may recognize some of my appointees:

George H.W. Bush - Director, CIA

Richard Cheney - Chief of Staff

Donald Rumsfeld - Secretary of Defense

Alan Greenspan - Chairman, Council of Economic Advisors"

http://www.flatsigned.com/JFK-FORD-presskit.html

he's got a valid point there. but as long as bushCo is in the driver's seat, we're not gonna learn shit about how the little prick and friends knew all about the 9/11 attack way the fuck beforehand. i got my Scottish friend Nomad interested in that line of thought sometime last year (he's very close to chris and they're both level-headed and unemotional and totally fact-oriented people). anyway, he read some of my posts on another board and then did a bit of reading himself. what he wants to know is, where in hell was the secret service on 11. september when it was public knowledge that bush was gonna be at that school, why they dint immediately jump in to protect his ass.

the joke's on US, people.

ps, Dude, you should really track down and watch the 3 parts of the power of nightmares (bit torrent link). BBC info:

'The Power of Nightmares assesses whether the threat from a hidden and organised terrorist network is an illusion. In the concluding part of the series, the programme explains how the illusion was created and who benefits from it.

In the wake of the shock and panic created by the devastating attack on the World Trade Center on 11 September, 2001, the neo-conservatives reconstructed the radical Islamists in the image of their last evil enemy, the Soviet Union - a sinister web of terror run from the centre by Osama Bin Laden in his lair in Afghanistan....

those you named on staff above, all have bit parts and they've been wanting to subvert amerika for years and years.

That sounds like right wing John Birch one-world government conspiracy stuff.. but given the recent changes in things, I will have to keep my EYES wide open...

Sleight of hand is an old Masonic trick. I was thinking about it today. Here we have this huge federal deficit which was run up by a war which was started purportedly to find WMDs and the President talks about saving Social Security which wont be in trouble at the current rate of things for 30 years! How's that for mind-fucking the public.

:rotfl:

Everyone seems to be going along for the ride - but to me, its pure madness

So MI, this is a pretty weird thread. You must think we are nuts :lol:

Everyone seems to be going along for the ride - but to me, its pure madness

that's why i say it's good (for me) we had plans to leave the states, in place before 11. september; i'd be locked up by now, if i'd stayed (prison or mental hospital or both) cause i don't dig being bullshitted by anyone, especially if they're robbing me/the nation blind.

Politics sure makes strange bedfellows :lol: Next you know, Dude and Redneck will be talking!

Wolfowitz reaches out to Bono

George W. Bush's nomination of Paul Wolfowitz to lead the World Bank has critics concerned that the neo-con architect of the Iraq war will use the World Bank as just another weapon in the war on terrorism. But Wolfowitz is showing that he knows a thing or two about diplomacy, too: In the last two days, he has checked in with numerous foreign officials, the leaders of international development agencies -- and Bono.

According to a Reuters report, Wolfowitz initiated two long telephone conversations with the U2 front-man, who may have been a contender for the job Wolfowitz is getting. With Europe and much of the developing world less than enthusiastic about Wolfowitz' nomination, the deputy secretary of defense knows that a good word from Bono might ease his way.

Wolfowitz spokesman Kevin Kellems said Wolfowitz and Bono "clicked." "They were very enthusiastic, detailed and lengthy conversations," Kellems said. He said that the conversations "were incredibly substantive about reducing poverty, about development, about the opportunity to help people that the World Bank presidency provides and about charitable giving and social progress around the globe."

The word from the Bono side of the conversation was a little less effusive. The government relations director for Debt, AIDS, Trade and Africa, a lobbying group Bono helped to found, told Reuters: "Bono thought it was important that he put forward the issues that are critical to the World Bank, like debt cancellation, aid effectiveness and a real focus on poverty reduction."

-- Tim Grieve [08:53 EST, March 18, 2005]

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html

Hostile reactions to Bush's bank head

President George W. Bush's nomination of Paul Wolfowitz as head of the World Bank has triggered reactions ranging from polite acceptance to outright hostility among foreign Governments and aid groups.

Some believe he is unqualified for the jbo while others fear he will be all-too-effective in using the post to expand America's global dominance.

Although his nomination is almost certain to be accepted by the World Bank's board of directors and participating states, both the European Union and the French Government made a point of saying that his assumption of the World Bank presidency was not a foregone conclusion.

The French Foreign Minister, Michel Barnier, pointedly described the nomination as a "proposal", while Jacques Chirac, the French President, was said to have "taken note" of the nomination.

A European Union spokeswoman, Claude Veron-Reville, said she anticipated a round of talks to discuss Wolfowitz' candidacy before any formal moves to endorse it. "A period of consultations with stakeholders is now starting," she said.

Peter Mandelson, the EU trade commissioner, was quoted as saying the nomination "came as a surprise to some in Europe".

Outside the corridors of government, the language was much blunter. Clare Short, the former international development secretary, described the nomination of the Bush Administration's leading neoconservative hawk as the equivalent of sticking up "two fingers to the world".

"This is really shocking," she said. "It's as though they are trying to wreck our international systems."

read on.........

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=2&ObjectID=10116065

do you mean like 'CHRONOLOGY OF GEORGE BUSH'S COCAINE CONTACTS: 3/85 STEVEN CARR LEFT 9 letters to release if he was murdered. "THEY WOULD TOPPLE THE GOVERNMENT AND IMPLICATE NSC, REAGAN ADMINISTRATION...' from here?

that is scary

Outside the corridors of government, the language was much blunter. Clare Short, the former international development secretary, described the nomination of the Bush Administration's leading neoconservative hawk as the equivalent of sticking up "two fingers to the world".

I don't why they are so surprised? "The finger" has been the main tool of the Bush Administration foreign policy from day one.

:lol:

What next? Trent Lott for the head of the NAACP? <_>

war stories   

Military analysis.

Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Why Paul Wolfowitz may be a good choice to run the World Bank.

By Fred Kaplan

Posted Wednesday, March 16, 2005, at 3:30 PM PT

Of all the administration's war-pushing neoconservatives, Wolfowitz has seemed the most genuinely, if somewhat naively, idealistic—the one who really believed that toppling Saddam would have a domino effect throughout the Middle East. He may even consider himself vindicated by recent developments—though this would be a bit self-deceiving. Before the war, Wolfowitz theorized that democratic governance in Iraq—presumably presided over by his comrade, Ahmad Chalabi—would light the fuse that spread Western values across the region like wildfire. He also assumed that a democratic Iraq would be a modern Iraq, led by secular Shiites, and wistfully recited de Tocqueville to this effect.

http://www.slate.com/id/2114929/

post-91-1111210561.jpg

What next? Trent Lott for the head of the NAACP? <_>

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Wolfowitz says he won't preach

Paul Wolfowitz, Washington's controversial pick to head the World Bank, has pledged to be an "international civil servant" if confirmed in the job and said he would not to use it as a platform to preach democracy.

The former ambassador to Indonesia and a key figure in the US-led invasion of Iraq said in an interview published in the Jakarta Post newspaper on Monday he would concentrate on poverty reduction with a special focus on Africa.

"If I am confirmed I will be an international civil servant. I will be president of a multilateral organisation with 184 member nations," Wolfowitz said in the interview in Indonesia's leading English-language daily.

"I am very aware that I am accountable to a different group of people than I am in my current job...The job of the president of the bank is to pull together the most effective possible consensus." Read more.......

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_world_story_sk...3%3fformat=html

post-91-1111986795.jpg

has anyone picked up on the fact that his GF is involved in this?

Adding fuel to the controversy is concern within the bank staff over Wolfowitz's reported romantic relationship with Shaha Riza, an Arab feminist who works as a communications adviser in the bank's Middle East and North Africa department.

Both divorced, Wolfowitz and Riza have steadfastly declined to talk publicly about their relationship, but they have been regularly spotted at private functions and one source said the two have been dating for about two years. Riza, an Oxford-educated British citizen who was born in Tunisia and grew up in Saudi Arabia, shares Wolfowitz's passion for democratizing the Middle East, according to people who know her.

from here.

World Bank board approves Wolfowitz

- - - - - - - - - - - -

By Jeannine Aversa

March 31, 2005  |  Washington -- The World Bank's board on Thursday unanimously approved the nomination of Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, an architect of the Iraq war, to be the next president of the 184-nation development bank.

http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2005/03/31/...witz/index.html

World depression, comin' right up

no shit, sherlock. :mad: