Bush nominates hawk for World Bank

method77

Seriously.

Is Bush and the hawks trying to make the US hated by each and every citizen of this earth? Are they trying to lose their -very few- remaining friends? WTF are they thinking??

I'm seriously starting to believe that they have a bet going about it.

I'm talking of course about Paul Wolfowitz being nominated for the World Bank.

Taken from The Register: "The main concern is that Wolfowitz will use the World Bank as a vehicle for the promotion of evangelical US-style democracy"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These people are out of their minds. By the way, he doesnt care that the leaders will hate him. He doesnt care that Americans hate him.

These people are out of their minds. By the way, he doesnt care that the leaders will hate him. He doesnt care that Americans hate him.

As long as Redneck and the other fabulously wealthy people in America love him, George W. Bush has accomplished his goals.

Wolfowitz has the right to be called father of the current state of neo-conservatism like few others.

Yep - he's the father of the Iraq plan - and he will no doubt burn in hell...

As long as Redneck and the other fabulously wealthy people in America love him, George W. Bush has accomplished his goals.

4Sure. :)

Bush nominates hawk for World Bank

WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush has nominated his Administration's leading neo-conservative hawk, Deputy Defence Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, to be the new head of the World Bank, a choice likely to exacerbate tensions between the United States and its key international allies because of Wolfowitz's central role in planning and executing the war in Iraq.

It was the second time in just over a week that Bush offered a hardliner to take up a sensitive international post, after his nomination of the hotly anti-United Nations State Department official John Bolton, to be US Ambassador to the UN.

Sources close to the World Bank board said Wolfowitz's name was informally circulated several weeks ago among the 23-member board, which represents the bank's 184 member countries, and the reaction was made clear to Treasury Secretary John Snow. "Mr Snow knows that the reaction from the board was unfavourable," one source said. "Mr Wolfowitz's nomination today tells us the US couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks."

Read more.........

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=2&ObjectID=10115887

Edited by kiwibank

Just another cog in the Bush administration wingnut takeover of the world...this movement has got to be stopped by someone other than the radical idiot conservatives in the United States. They smile serenely while this fascist snowball gets larger and larger as it picks up speed rolling down the hill.

Iraq turned out fine didn't it? :lol:

Maybe for Haliburton. The fact is that there is no end in sight in that war. Oil prices are up, so no gain there. I dont see freedom spreading across that country...let alone the rest ofr the Middle East. Other than Saddam Hussein being gone, what good has it done?

I dont see freedom spreading across that country...let alone the rest ofr the Middle East. Other than Saddam Hussein being gone, what good has it done?

I have been reading different articles than you. They had elections in Iraq. The Lebanese are trying to run Syria out and have elections. The Saudis are allowing a little more free elections although they still have a lot to be desired.

As I have quoted Paul Simon before, "a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Face it Dude. You hate Bush and no matter what happened you wouldn't see any good. I feel the same way about Clinton, Kerry and the bunch. Why do we bother discussing this shit. Let's just poke fun at Koop and move on along. :lol:

I have been reading different articles than you. They had elections in Iraq. The Lebanese are trying to run Syria out and have elections. The Saudis are allowing a little more free elections although they still have a lot to be desired.

As I have quoted Paul Simon before, "a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Face it Dude. You hate Bush and no matter what happened you wouldn't see any good. I feel the same way about Clinton, Kerry and the bunch. Why do we bother discussing this shit. Let's just poke fun at Koop and move on along. :lol:

We have elections in this county, too--but what good are they if they dont let everyone vote who is legal to vote, or they manipulate the vote in the courts or the voting machines???

I thought we went into Iraq to stop the flow of WMD's--until we read much later that the plan all along was to implement Paul Wolfowitz's plan to try and spread democracy across the Middle East. So what's wrong with that plan? He never told the American people about it, or allowed them into a dialogue about it. Bush just does things whether anyone likes them or not--and that my friend is not a Democratic leader. I dont hate Bush--but I will continue to pounce on every hypocritical thing he does until the American public wakes up and sees how corrupt and what liars his administration is.

I know you dont like Clinton and Kerry--I still dont know why though. And until the paragraph above, you have never said what you like about Bush. So spread some wisdom--what is good about George Bush for American or the rest of the world?

(Redneck4sure @ Mar 17 2005, 08:33 PM)

From me you will not only hear why I like or dislike somone. I still havent heard any reason as to why you like Bush..and the reason you can't name one (outside of guns and taxes) is that Redneck is a closet liberal :lol:

I don't think all the Democrats oppose Paul. Of course that isn't saying much because they like Kerry too. :lol:

In Joe Biden, you picked a real doozy. Like Joe Lieberman, he sucks up to the Bushies almost as bad as the looney-tune Zel Miller. It's no coincidence that Biden and Lieberman are on the Sunday talk shows virtually every week as the network "token Democrats". They are Democrat in name only, not action. The Democratic Party needs to purge these imposters before they can truly represent progressive ideas. Both of those sorry Joes voted for cloture on the insidious bankruptcy bill, allowing the Republicans to bring it to a vote. A pox on them.

Both of those sorry Joes voted for cloture on the insidious bankruptcy bill, allowing the Republicans to bring it to a vote.

You mean the bill where they legalalized usary and payback to the corporate masters? How sick is that? It stands against every principle in every religion and civilized society...

You guys are too funny! :lol:

Koop, I tell you what. I will swap you McCain for Miller. You can do what you want with the Joes because I don't want them. :lol:

You're wrong as usual. You want both Joes, and you want them bad....on some of this goofball Bush agenda not all Republicans are happy climbing on the bandwagon....but the good old Joes are usually ready to sit on George's lap as long as he slips a goldfish cracker in their mouth from time to time.

I will swap you McCain for Miller.

You can have the Joes. I'd take McKain if he didnt let GW stick it to him every few years (George must have something on him). Who the hell is Miller?

Who the hell is Miller?

Zel Miller is the crazy-acting Democrat who spoke in support of George Bush at the Republican convention last summer, just before he retired. He ranted and raved, then challenged a TV commentator to a duel live on the air.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/01/...ain640299.shtml

Miller is a true Patriot from Georgia. :bigsmile:

Koop is having mental issues again. With so few brain cells working it is understandable so I will overlook his bias.

Dude, I wouldn't expect you to know who he is. The electricity was probably off in Californie during his speech. You left wing nuts need to concentrate on the basics like electricity before you move into national affairs. :lol:

Miller is a true Patriot from Georgia. :bigsmile:

Oh, that Miller - whenever I hear a senile old man like Jim Bunning or Jim Miller, whatever gibberish spills out of their mouth isnt allowed to enter the inner sanctum of my 'beautiful mind.' If the Middle Eastern people want our help, how come they never speak up?