Robert Blake Acquitted

robertblake2.jpg A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill his wife, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" dropped his head, trembled with emotion, and let out several deep breaths after the verdict was read.

http://nytimes.com/aponline/national/16cnd-blake.html?hp

Good. I've been pissed since the hospital staff testified that they hid from him when he was screaming for help because he didn't sound sincere enough for them.

Good. I've been pissed since the hospital staff testified that they hid from him when he was screaming for help because he didn't sound sincere enough for them.

Robert Blake gave me my only on-screen appearances in 2 of his TV movies - and he actually came up to me and introduced himself. So I was hoping he would be cleared...

I wonder, though...who did murder his wife?

That was the precise thing that turned me against the prosecution here too....

Robert Blake gave me my only on-screen appearances in 2 of his TV movies - and he actually came up to me and introduced himself. So I was hoping he would be cleared...

You were hoping he'd be cleared simply based on these irrelevant acts of generosity that have nothing to do with the case and who Blake is as a person?

Introducing yourself and giving a person on-screen appearances doesn't mean you cannot be a murderer, nor should someone wish they were cleared based on that.

You were hoping he'd be cleared simply based on these irrelevant acts of generosity that have nothing to do with the case and who Blake is as a person?

Introducing yourself and giving a person on-screen appearances doesn't mean you cannot be a murderer, nor should someone wish they were cleared based on that.

Dude, you continue to challenge me simply because I've met people. If someone is guilty then they should face the consequences - my own sentiments have nothing to do with that. So back off....

Maybe you two are on the same page but it is a semantics issue. Dude, is it possible you meant to say, "I was hoping he would be cleared if he is truely innocent and maybe the real killer will be caught in the very near future."??

Which by the way is my sentiment. There are guilty people walking the streets that beat the system and there are innocent people in jail. Since he was aquitted I hope he didn't do it and whoever did is caught soon. If he beat the system then I hope he chokes to death during his victory celebration tonight.

Does anyone truly believe I would wish anyone to be innocent simply because I met them even though they turn out to be a killer? Give me a break... :rotfl:

To me your post read that way a little but I never thought for a minute that you meant you would be glad that he was cleared even if he was guilty.

I know you are a dirty rotten liberal flip floppin' no good tree huggin' toe suckin' mofo but even you ain't that bad. :lol:

To me your post read that way a little....

I know you are a dirty rotten liberal flip floppin' no good tree huggin' toe suckin' mofo but even you ain't that bad. :lol:

I admit to being the latter, but no one is as shallow as the former :lol:

And neither shall we :lol:

:lol:

Trial not over for Blake

Mar 18, 2005

A day after actor Robert Blake celebrated his acquittal on charges of murdering his wife, a lawyer for the victim's family said on Thursday he would "wipe that smile off his face" in a civil case.

Blake, 71, held a jubilant news conference after being found not guilty on Wednesday in the May 2001 shooting death of his estranged wife of six months, Bonny Lee Bakley.

The star of the 1970s television detective show "Baretta" was also acquitted of soliciting a former stuntman to murder Bakley, and the jury deadlocked 11-1 in favor of finding him not guilty of asking a second stuntman to kill her.

But the verdicts did not end Blake's legal saga. He is also the subject of a wrongful death civil lawsuit brought by Bakley's family, which was held over until the conclusion of the three-month criminal trial.

"I'm going to wipe that smile off his face," Eric Dubin, the lawyer for Bakley's family, told CNN on Thursday.

read more........

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_entertainment_...7%3fformat=html

post-23-1111282300.jpg

Blake Speculates About Who Killed His Wife

LOS ANGELES - In his first television appearance since being acquitted last week in the killing of his wife, actor Robert Blake (news) said Tuesday he does not know who killed Bonny Lee Bakley but speculated it could have been "somebody whose father was taken for a ride."

Appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America," Blake was asked by Barbara Walters, "Do you have any idea who did it?"

Blake paused and said, "She led that kind of life, where she made a lot of enemies and somebody ... somebody whose father was taken for a ride or something like that. I don't know. I don't know."

Read entire story here.

Blake Jurors Want Apology From Prosecutor Who Called Them 'stupid'

By Jeremiah Marquez Associated Press Writer

Published: Mar 24, 2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jurors who acquitted actor Robert Blake of murder - and were later called "incredibly stupid" by District Attorney Steve Cooley - want an apology.

"I'm just disgusted," Blake jury foreman Thomas Nicholson said Thursday. "It appears to me he has no faith in the jury selection. After all, it was his people who helped choose us."

Loyola University law professor Laurie Levenson called Cooley's comment a major lapse in judgment - and "much more of an embarrassment for him than the jurors."

"At a time when it's hard enough to have juries come forward, it doesn't help to start insulting them," she added.

On Tuesday, Cooley defended the prosecutor who lost the Blake case and said he was stunned jurors found the actor not guilty of killing his wife and of one count of soliciting her murder.

"Quite frankly, based on my review of the evidence, he is as guilty as sin. He is a miserable human being," Cooley said.

Jurors said the comments were unfair.

"If Mr. Cooley ... thinks there was enough evidence to convict, then he should spend more time doing his job and less time trying to make excuses," said juror Roberto Emerick.

Sandi Gibbons, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office, said officials had no further comment.

On Thursday night, Cooley stood by his comments.

"There was a failure in this case. It was not my prosecutor. It was not the work of LAPD. It was the jurors didn't quite get it," he said, conceding, however, "I could have phrased it differently."

"But bottom line it was the wrong verdict," he said. "Sometimes jurors should be held accountable for their mistakes."

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBE7XOWP6E.html