Internet blamed for the rush to hillbilly heroin

KiwiCoromandel

Internet blamed for the rush to hillbilly heroin

WASHINGTON - Powerful painkillers like OxyContin, widely known as "hillbilly heroin", have emerged as a major crime problem in the United States, with many dealers and abusers obtaining them over the internet.

Abuse of OxyContin, which is legally prescribed for cancer patients and others with chronic, debilitating pain, first emerged as a problem in the eastern United States, particularly in the Appalachian mountains and in New England, but is now spreading.

The drug releases slowly into the body over a 24-hour period. But if it is crushed or dissolved in water and swallowed, inhaled or injected, it produces an effect similar to a heroin high.

The drug is associated with increased crime and death rates in areas of the country where it has become prevalent. In Tazewell County in southwestern Virginia, authorities estimate that OxyContin addiction is behind 80 per cent to 95 per cent of all the crime committed there.........

read more......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=2&ObjectID=10115063

is this what rush limbaugh *puke* was using?

In Tazewell County in southwestern Virginia, authorities estimate that OxyContin addiction is behind 80 per cent to 95 per cent of all the crime committed there.........

Sounds like folks need to buy more ammo and put the addicts out of their misery. :o

Glock 'em in the head and see if OxyContin will cure that headache. :lol:

Is it a morphine derivative?

mmmmm morphine

*ducks, nods, out for the next 3 hours* :lol:

as it`s isolated from within the molecular structure of opium powder to form an opioid called oxycodone this certainly puts it in the same class as morphine..........it`s the real mc coy alright sg.....i`m just wondering why i`d never heard of it before........:bigsmile:

Edited by kiwibank

hahaha, outta mah head, kiwibank--exactly what i was thinking. prolly something to do w/we had the real unadulterated thing (well, nearer to it); so many pharmaceutical companies now trying to differentiate their own and each morphine derivative is more addicting though.

opium-->morphine-->heroin-->methadone--> (now the arrows should fan out all over w/all the new oxy derivatives names)

what did william burroughs say at the end of 'drugstore cowboys?' when the matt dillon character spilled out these pills/caps on the bed, he looks them over and goes 'that's for squares...' and selects a bottle of pure morphine, i think. :lol:

tell me about it. ;-) but i kind of feel sorry for all the people getting hooked on this stuff. i read jerry stahl's article 'all my heroes are junkies' in which he went:

‘‘…When I was coming up, you had this hipster dope-fiend legacy: Lenny Bruce, Miles Davis, Burroughs, Richards and Nick Cave. Now you’ve got … Rush Limbaugh. I mean, who wants to do the same drug as some overfed, unlaid right-wing toady? I can just picture Rush scratching his nose and explaining his anti-immigration policy to the maid he bought his shit from. Buying Dilaudid from your maid – does it get any more Republican?‘

:lol: :lol: :lol: -- -------->> infinity LMAO