King & Queen of Spain condemn child labour

KiwiCoromandel

King & Queen of Spain condemn child labour

Wednesday, 9 March 2005, 6:31 pm

Press Release: International Labour Organisation

King Juan Carlos I calls for child labour to be vigorously condemned and combated

GENEVA (ILO NEWS) – His Majesty the King of Spain, Juan Carlos I, today described the extent of child labour as "appalling", and called for it to be vigorously combated as part of the effort to give a "human dimension" to the process of globalization.

Their Majesties King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia visited the International Labour Organization (ILO) to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Spain's cooperation with the ILO International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC).

"More than 240 million children worldwide work daily instead of attending school. This is indeed an appalling figure", said the King during a speech given at a Special Session attended by government, employer and worker representatives.....

Read on..........

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0503/S00168.htm

i think they do in holland and denmark as well (not too sure).

now i'm thinking about child labor, bah.

Of course they should end child labor.

Let them be old enough before you exploit them by paying them $0.50 a day to make and build shit that will cost $50.00 at Wal-Mart in the United States and elsewhere.

It's important that they don't start the exploitation process until after they are adults.

Companies of the world fear a global minimum wage, and I think that's exactly what should be in place. A global standard that isn't a joke.

Companies of the world fear a global minimum wage, and I think that's exactly what should be in place. A global standard that isn't a joke.

i agree ken...a working model for a global minimum wage and/or a minimum employment package would be a very good idea indeed......

feed her first, she's gonna need all her energy.