US ends juvenile death penalty

KiwiCoromandel

US ends juvenile death penalty

02.03.05 8.30am

by James Vicini

WASHINGTON - The US Supreme Court has abolished the death penalty for juveniles, an important victory for opponents of capital punishment in the only country that gave official sanction to such executions.

In a 5-4 ruling that cited the "overwhelming weight of international opinion," the high court declared unconstitutional the death penalty for those under the age of 18 when they committed their crimes.

The decision in the case of a 1993 Missouri killing could affect more than 70 death-row inmates who face execution for murders done when they were 16 or 17 years old. The total US death-row population is nearly 3500.

The court abandoned its decision 16 years ago that the execution of juvenile offenders did not violate the constitutional ban on cruel and unusual punishment.......

Read more........

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=2&ObjectID=10113250

the only country that gave official sanction to such executions.

*sigh*

I noticed that too SG. It is a total falsehood. There are other countries although most do not. I doubt that it is a honest error. Most likely it is the bias of the writer who is trying to make a point with distortions and lies.

Like Michael Moore.

I heard Bush may have done it too but I ain't for sure. :lol:

you know redneck, whenever you throw michael moore in w/'distortions and lies' it makes me think i'd really like to talk to you about that (cause a forum isn't the quickest way to get stuff out and understood). i mean, did you see the flick even? what was distorted? that he sat on his ass w/a dumbass look on his face after he found out we were attacked? that he ignored 52 warnings including one w/the title 'bin laden determined to strike w/i US?'

I did not see the movie or any of the other propaganda films. If you watch the movie, how would you know? He edits together a nice package but I see joke shit on the net all the time that is nicely edited. I read too many articles from different people that had knowledge of his films that picked him to pieces. They invested time to research and document his lies. I believe that any semblance of truth in any of his films is merely a coincidence. I don't just mean the Bush film. I mean Columbine, Roger and Me, and the others.

I know he is your hero but to me he is lower than Kerry. He may be the only person in America that fits that description. :)

I've seen all films by him and find nothing fictional. Especially the one with the big corporations

All films are manipulative to emote a response. He may fudge his justoposition of images and sounds, but the emotional truth that we are ruled by scumbuckets rings loud and clear. Thank god for Michael Moore...

I did not see the movie

:lol: maybe you should see it and decide for yourself, w/o relying on what others say (they all have agendas as well). i mean, your side has ann 'poisonous cunt' coulter, michelle *urp puke magalong* malkin (i call her the toxic twat on my site), jeffjames *puke guck* ert/gannon &c.

so thank fuck we have michael moore and his film footage, y'know what i mean?

fuckin-A, and ALL the so-called 'whistle-blowers' speaking of which, right now bushCo is trying to deny the FBI translator, Sybil (or Sibyl) Edmunds (she's the one who called the FBI on their inaccurate translations on al-qaeda documents concerning amerikan security) and they're trying to stop her.

i mean, c'mon! i thought bushCo cared about amerikan security. fucking corrupt hypocrites, all of them.