I'm going buggy

Shawn

While my wife and one of her friends were having coffee and letting the kids play in MacDonald's play area, I stayed home to work on my moot factum and oral argument. She called about 2 hours ago to say that the youngest girl had a fit when she was told they had to leave and used her shoulder to drive Jen's glasses into her eye. They stopped here long enough to drop the kids and let me get a look at her. I'm sick with how it looked.

So here I sit now with the kids while her friend took her to the hospital. I'm right on the damn edge here. I wish she'd call. I also wish her friend would have offered to sit with the kids while I took her to the hospital.

hitwall

She called. She hasn't been in to see a doctor yet but the nurse told her that section [above the eye] is held together pretty loosely by the muscles and skin and that's why she had such a drastic reaction.

And she agreed that it might have been best I didn't take her due to the stereotypes when a woman shows up with a damaged looking eye. :(

She sounded like she thought it was going to be okay and she's the medical expert, not me.

She's home. There was really nothing the docs said they could do other than give her t3's.

It looks like nothing I've ever seen before but she doesn't have the kind of dedication to allow me to post a pic. ;)

jesus, i hope she is alright w/no permanent scarring or any other kind of damage.

i HATE those stereotypes where people assume and put one on the defensive.

It's still swollen over today, and the area has turned an ugly pruple, but she says that at least with the advils she can't feel it. That's good.

It's goping to make school hard for her tomorrow though and reduces our house to one driver. Our classes don't actually mesh so she might have to beg around for a ride. The docs couldn't comment on her vision because they couldn't get to the eye but she seems to think it's okay if she moves the skin enough to look.

Rereading that... shit it sounds poor.