Major Political Changes in the USA

method77

when i found out about them, i couldn't believe it (that's happened a LOT in the past 4,5 yrs; my poor innocence gland lol)

why don't they die already?

post-91-1114783291.jpg

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teachers sue over arrest at Bush rally

McCabe and Nelson - described in the lawsuit as political novices motivated by their opposition to Bush administration policies in Iraq - attended the rally at a city park, where McCabe held a sheet of paper urging, "No More War," and Nelson wore a John Kerry button.

A Secret Service agent allegedly told McCabe, who was on a sidewalk near the rally, that she was on private property and would have to move. When they moved to a parking area, the agent approached again and repeated the order.

After asking why, McCabe was arrested by a state trooper. Nelson was arrested later by another trooper, according to the lawsuit.

Outrageous! :reallymad:

Friday, April 29, 2005 11:37 AM CDT

An appalling vote

Putting more armor - or even some armor - on the Humvees used by American military personnel in Iraq has been a touchy subject in Washington, D.C. and much of the rest of the United States for some time now.

Last week, the U.S. Senate finally did something about it, attaching an amendment (Senate Amendment 520) to the supplemental funding bill for military operations in Iraq (House Resolution 1268) that added $213 million to the $81 billion measure to speed up purchasing up-armored versions of the Humvees. By a 61-39 vote, the senators made a statement that they value the lives of our fighting men and women who brave daily attacks by insurgents and terrorists in that troubled Mideastern country. The extra money would keep armored Humvee production running at full capacity until July 31.

The overall spending bill passed 99-0.

Incidentally, the House version included an extra $185 million for the Humvees. The White House originally asked for $743 million for the up-armored Humvees.

Unfortunately, the state of Oklahoma was not behind the amendment - or, at least, our two senators.

Both James Inhofe and Tom Coburn voted against the amendment.

Frankly, that's appalling.

It's understood that Coburn went to Washington after the 2004 election promising to reduce and/or eliminate the ballooning federal deficit, which may explain his vote in part. But there's no understanding why Inhofe, who has never met a weapons system he didn't like, didn't vote for this measure.

Of course, the amendment was sponsored by two Democrats, Evan Bayh of Indiana, and Teddy Kennedy of Massachusetts, which might have something to do with it.

Playing politics with the lives of American soldiers is disgusting, regardless of whether Democrats or Republicans do it. Yet it appears our two senators were doing something just like that. Certainly, the men and women in the Armed Forces are volunteers, and understood the risks when they signed up. But it was not the Armed Services that proposed then ordered the invasion of Iraq, it was the nation's political leadership in the Executive and Legislative branches. Our senators, however, appear to have put partisan politics, or sheer stubbornness, above the welfare of the people our country sends in harm's way.

That's indefensible.

http://www.edmondsun.com/articles/2005/04/...s/opinion02.txt

Here's the complete vote for the funding to add armor to the humvees in Iraq. Notice that every vote AGAINST adding the protective armor, with only one exception, was from a REPUBLICAN, including Bill Frist. When these lying, chickenshit bastards wear their flag pins and sing in unison about how they love and support the troops, remember this vote...and vote every one of these people out.

Who supports the troops?

by kos

Thu Apr 28th, 2005 at 14:32:57 PDT

From Operation Truth:

Last Thursday, the Senate agreed to an amendment (mentioned on the blog) to change the Emergency Supplemental to provide an additional $213 million in funding to produce armored Humvees. Here's how the vote broke down:

YEAs ---61

Akaka (D-HI)

Alexander (R-TN)

Allen (R-VA)

Baucus (D-MT)

Bayh (D-IN)

Biden (D-DE)

Bingaman (D-NM)

Boxer (D-CA)

Burns (R-MT)

Byrd (D-WV)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Carper (D-DE)

Chafee (R-RI)

Clinton (D-NY)

Coleman (R-MN)

Collins (R-ME)

Conrad (D-ND)

Corzine (D-NJ)

Dayton (D-MN)

DeWine (R-OH)

Dodd (D-CT)

Dorgan (D-ND)

Durbin (D-IL)

Feingold (D-WI)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Harkin (D-IA)

Hutchison (R-TX)

Jeffords (I-VT)

Johnson (D-SD)

Kennedy (D-MA)

Kerry (D-MA)

Kohl (D-WI)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Leahy (D-VT)

Levin (D-MI)

Lieberman (D-CT)

Lincoln (D-AR)

Lott (R-MS)

Lugar (R-IN)

Martinez (R-FL)

McCain (R-AZ)

Mikulski (D-MD)

Murray (D-WA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Nelson (D-NE)

Obama (D-IL)

Pryor (D-AR)

Reed (D-RI)

Reid (D-NV)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Salazar (D-CO)

Santorum (R-PA)

Sarbanes (D-MD)

Schumer (D-NY)

Snowe (R-ME)

Specter (R-PA)

Stabenow (D-MI)

Talent (R-MO)

Thune (R-SD)

Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---39

Allard (R-CO)

Bennett (R-UT)

Bond (R-MO)

Brownback (R-KS)

Bunning (R-KY)

Burr (R-NC)

Chambliss (R-GA)

Coburn (R-OK)

Cochran (R-MS)

Cornyn (R-TX)

Craig (R-ID)

Crapo (R-ID)

DeMint (R-SC)

Dole (R-NC)

Domenici (R-NM)

Ensign (R-NV)

Enzi (R-WY)

Frist (R-TN)

Graham (R-SC)

Grassley (R-IA)

Gregg (R-NH)

Hagel (R-NE)

Hatch (R-UT)

Inhofe (R-OK)

Inouye (D-HI)

Isakson (R-GA)

Kyl (R-AZ)

McConnell (R-KY)

Murkowski (R-AK)

Roberts (R-KS)

Sessions (R-AL)

Shelby (R-AL)

Smith (R-OR)

Stevens (R-AK)

Sununu (R-NH)

Thomas (R-WY)

Vitter (R-LA)

Voinovich (R-OH)

Warner (R-VA)

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/4/28/173257/680

from today in iraq: '..."During the hearing, Rumsfeld assailed critics who were talking about possibly resuming the draft, and said he was tired of hearing about former Army Chief of Staff Gen. Eric Shinseki's prediction a month before the invasion that 'several hundred thousand' troops would be needed to occupy Iraq."

'That quote frosted my ass. So Rummy’s “tired of hearing about” General Shinseki? Boo-fucking-hoo. Cue the violins and break out the Kleenex for poor, abused Rummy.

'Let’s put this in perspective: General Shinseki predicted a long, difficult and costly occupation while Rumsfeld and his Chairborne Rangers predicted flowers and music. General Shinseki wanted a heavy force structure for the initial invasion while Rumsfeld insisted on a skeleton force. General Shinseki was right and Rummy was wrong...'

and he goes on: 'Rummy’s rosy predictions and flawed force structure led directly to the complete collapse of the CPA’s reconstruction program - and don’t forget that Rummy directly supervised Baghdad fashion maven and incompetent administrator Paul Bremer. The ever-growing insurgency is a direct result of Rummy’s earliest decisions. General Shinseki was right and Rummy was wrong.

And all roads from Abu Ghraib lead straight to Rummy's office door.'

amusing in a peurile manner: 'Rummy, you incompetent, ignorant, arrogant son of a bitch, pucker up and kiss my greasy ass.

'I want to remind readers about how Rummy treated General Shinseki...'

the more i find out, the more disgusted and hateful towards these assholes i feel. i'd love it if all against the war/bushCo quit paying taxes but that would take organisation on a HUGE scale. :mad:

Guys in my unit, particularly the younger guys, would drive by in their Humvee and shatter

bottles over the heads of Iraqi civilians passing by. They'd keep a bunch of empty Coke bottles

in the Humvee to break over people's heads. An Army sergeant lashed a group of children with

a steel Humvee antenna, and a Marine planted a vicious kick in the chest of a kid about 6 years old.

:mad: from Bob Herbert's column yesterday in the NYT (no reg link)

LESSON IN POLITICS: Reid calls president 'loser'

In the course of a discussion on filibusters and Senate rules, Washington's top Democrat (Senator Harry Reid) gave the 60 juniors a lesson in partisan politics, particularly about the commander in chief. "The man's father is a wonderful human being," Reid said in response to a question about President Bush's policies. "I think this guy is a loser.

"I think President Bush is doing a bad job," he added to a handful of chuckles.

"He's driving this country into bankruptcy," Reid said, referring to the deficit. "He's got us in this intractable war in Iraq where we now have about 1,600 American soldiers dead and another 15,000 injured."

Read more here:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/200.../news/reid.html

post-91-1115428665.jpg

Guys in my unit, particularly the younger guys, would drive by in their Humvee and shatter

bottles over the heads of Iraqi civilians passing by. They'd keep a bunch of empty Coke bottles

in the Humvee to break over people's heads. An Army sergeant lashed a group of children with

a steel Humvee antenna, and a Marine planted a vicious kick in the chest of a kid about 6 years old.

The comments were from Aidan Delgado, a former service man turned conscientous objector. He is an American citizen, but because his father was in the diplomatic corps, he grew up overseas. He spent eight years in Egypt, speaks Arabic and knows a great deal about the various cultures of the Middle East.

there's some rethug-site controversy now because those in Iraq supposedly don't drink out of glass bottles...just plastic. it sounded like they were trying to discredit this dude and fast. :mad:

'Now, via News Hounds, we bring you this exchange from Fox News Radio's The Alan Colmes Show, between host Alan Holmes and anti-abortion activist guest Neal (we're not making this up) Horsley.'

COLMES: "You had sex with animals?"

HORSLEY: "Absolutely. I was a fool. When you grow up on a farm in Georgia, your first girlfriend is a mule."

COLMES: "I'm not so sure that that is so."

HORSLEY: "You didn't grow up on a farm in Georgia, did you?"

COLMES: "Are you suggesting that everybody who grows up on a farm in Georgia has a mule as a girlfriend?"

HORSLEY: It has historically been the case. You people are so far removed from the reality...Welcome to domestic life on the farm...If it's warm and it's damp and it vibrates, you might in fact have sex with it."

from greg beato at wonkette (WHERE ELSE?) :lol:

ummmmmmmmmmm, dint you say (many times) you were in georgia before texas? DINT YOU? :lol:

answer me, dammit :lol:

does posting the following mean i'm not supporting the troops? :mad:

A Marine Corps Times reporter tells Editor and Publisher that officials tried to steer him away from a story in which he reported that more than 10,000 Marines had been issued body armor known to have 'life-threatening flaws
from cursor, no direct link, right now it's a few posts down the top (warning, don't read cursor or your head will explode).

does posting the following mean i'm not supporting the troops? :mad:

from cursor, no direct link, right now it's a few posts down the top (warning, don't read cursor or your head will explode).

We know who supports the troops with cheap words instead of money to buy proper armor for their humvees and their bodies....

post-91-1115776906.jpg

i'm sure when it comes down to it, that this would be a crime of some sort (and they called that senile old fuckwit reagan the 'teflon pres.')

i am so waiting for a group of Iraq War vets to begin a lawsuit against the gov't (oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE)

• 2 weeks later...

Court Taking Up Abortion Notification

The Supreme Court, re-entering the politically charged abortion debate, agreed Monday to hear a state appeal seeking to reinstate a law requiring parental notification before minors can terminate their pregnancies.

Read more here:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050523/D8A8UDHO0.html

washingtonpost.com

FBI asks Congress for power to seize documents

The FBI on Tuesday asked the U.S. Congress for sweeping new powers to seize business or private records, ranging from medical information to book purchases, to investigate terrorism without first securing approval from a judge.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2400746_pf.html

so if you're a kid in school who's assigned to write about terrorism, what? you risk getting investigated and/or busted immediately?

so if you're a kid in school who's assigned to write about terrorism, what? you risk getting investigated and/or busted immediately?

Nah--far worse than that. It would allow the FBI to grab anything they wanted from you under the guise of terrorism

bloody bugger bastards! one more reason i wish i was a kid again--i'd be so writing about osama and al queda, day in and day out (while making damn sure there were no drugs or anything else illegal at my place). stupid fucks. AMERIKA! (Kafka was right).

washingtonpost.com

FBI asks Congress for power to seize documents

The FBI on Tuesday asked the U.S. Congress for sweeping new powers to seize business or private records, ranging from medical information to book purchases, to investigate terrorism without first securing approval from a judge.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2400746_pf.html

So will the taxpayers be also responsible for the new black uniforms and jackboots too? <_>