TANKS v. anti-war protesters

slum_goddess

'LOS ANGELES, November 9, 2004 - At 7:50 PM two armored tanks showed up at an anti-war protest in front of the federal building in Westwood. The tanks circled the block twice, the second time parking themselves in the street and directly in front of the area where most of the protesters were gathered. Enraged, some of the people attempted to block the tanks, but police quickly cleared the street. The people continued to protest the presence of the tanks, but about ten minutes the tanks drove off. It is unclear as to why the tanks were deployed to this location.'

see the video

this is so totally back to 1968 it's incredible. street fighting man, anyone? bah...we're in for a long bumpy ride. :evil:

if above link doesn't work, see here for article and mirrors of the vid.

*wailing the wail* method, i knoooooooowwwwwwwww!

plus georgia et al. are now putting stickers in textbooks stating that evolution is 'only a theory' (the world was created in SIX days exactly and WE DID NOT DESCEND FROM APES!!!)

*this is the sound of me banging my head against the fucking wall*

The tanks were being driven to LA for the Veteran's Day parade.

http://www.cdva.ca.gov/news/vetsday2004.pdf

LA VA Parade details

Wednesday

Nov 10

10:00 a.m.-

12:00p.m.

VA Greater Los Angeles Veterans Day

Parade

VA West Los Angeles

For Info call (310) 478-

VA West Los Angeles

11301 Wilshire Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA

Hospital Line

From LA Indymedia:

I talked to one Marine with one of the "Striker" vehicles. He told me they had driven the vehicles up from Camp Pendleton the night before (Tuesday) on the freeway. Getting off the 405 Freeway going north, they would have passed Wilshire and Veteran where ANSWER had called a rally to protest the attack on Fallujah in Iraq.

I asked him if he was "rolling around Westwood" Tuesday night. He said, "Yeah, and we drove past that anti-war demonstration. We was lost. We're not from L.A. We didn't know where this place (WLA VA) was. We were trying to find it."

"Did you drive around the block twice?" I asked.

"Yeah, we did. We stopped to ask them (the protestors) directions, but they weren't very nice."

http://la.indymedia.org/news/2004/11/11886...ment.php#118924

*wailing the wail* method, i knoooooooowwwwwwwww!

plus georgia et al. are now putting stickers in textbooks stating that evolution is 'only a theory' (the world was created in SIX days exactly and WE DID NOT DESCEND FROM APES!!!)

*this is the sound of me banging my head against the fucking wall*

wow!!!!!! see you down in nz soon guys.......

I used to live across the street from the Federal building in Westwood. Ive seen and attended many protests there. There never have been tanks - there never will be tanks. The very idea is preposterous

The tanks were being driven to LA for the Veteran's Day parade.

sorry, kooperman--we don't believe the official story, no way, no how.

wow!!!!!! see you down in nz soon guys.......

nah, kiwibank, we like it in england just fine and will stay here as long as we can.

There never have been tanks - there never will be tanks.  The very idea is preposterous

so you don't believe the vid?

so you don't believe the vid?

If there were any tanks moving towards protestors, the whole liberal establishment in LA would be up and arms. You think I'd cover up for em if they did?? :lol: The veterans cemetary is right across from the Federal building. The VA is right up the road, less than a 1/4 mile... If tanks ever did come after protestors, I would join the protestors faster than you can type a reply

Dude, i had issues posting this story and searched first to see if you did (and wondered why you dint). however, after reading more all over the 'net, i still do NOT believe the official story. nd yes i know you would've been there--i looked for youuuuuuu). :P