The case for Kerry

Kooperman

I was impressed that the stem cell issue passed in California and spearheaded by Arnold. The more I see Arnold in action the more I beginning to like him as candidate.

I'd vote for Arnold. It would be hard to "buy" him, and that's a plus. Besides, he's only a Republican by label. He has a lot of his own thoughts and ideas and isn't too much of a brown-noser. The stem-cell research support is a plus.

I'd also vote for John McCain.

I'd also vote for John McCain.

McCain's definitely off my list. George Bush's Rove squad slandered McCain and his family in the 2000 South Carolina primary with vile personal rumors planted with key people and spread through anonymous phone calls in that state. This year McCain prostituted himself supporting and campaigning for Bush...hoping to get the 2008 prize.

He likes his party, but he's willing to bend.

Prostituting? Perhaps. Then again, if you want to be a Republican and be able to run for president, there really is no other way.

That's not really a concern of mine, and not the reason i'd vote for him.

Also, for a guy who early on in his response talked about the "vile and personal attacks on his character", you really have no room to talk calling him a prostitute.

It's an "I feel sorry for you and the verbal abuse you took, but you lick goat ass you dirty bastard" kind of comment.

Also, for a guy who early on in his response talked about the "vile and personal attacks on his character", you really have no room to talk calling him a prostitute.

It's an "I feel sorry for you and the verbal abuse you took, but you lick goat ass you dirty bastard" kind of comment.

Not at all. The attacks were vile. They spread the rumor that he had a black child out of wedlock...the child is an adopted child. They spread the rumor that he was mentally unstable due to his imprisonment in Viet Nam as a POW, and that his loyalty to the country was suspect. They spread the rumor that his wife had a current problem with alcohol and pills...she had had a problem long in the past that had never again manifested itself thanks to professional treatment. That was in 2000 and he lost his temper, just as the GOP had planned. It cost him the nomination.

Yet this year he was willing to look past all that and support the same people who spread those rumors about him and his family...his child...his wife...just so he could still be in position for the 2008 brass ring. What better example of trading his dignity for power and fame? That's prostituting himself any way you look at it, and he lost my respect and admiration in doing it.

...I really hoped my country saw the futility in allowing one political party to dominate politics and, by extension, our culture. There will be even more of a shift to right wing extremism in the USA now, in all aspects of our society. Our choice now is to accept it or figure out how to reorganize our opposition into a movement effective enough to withstand it. That will come only through reflection and time.

In the meantime I want to congratulate the conservatives we have here at BK, led by the yang to my ying, Redneck. They are all classy people who sat back throughout last night's butt-kicking the Democrats took and allowed us to make our anguished desperation posts without once jumping in and taunting us on our  thrashing.

what Kooperman said.

I agree that it was an odd move for McKain to Kiss ass after what they did to him--but I think there must be an explanation there somewhere. I would consider voting for him...

The sad thing about the recent election, if you believe the exit polls, is that the majority of voters chose Bush over Kerry on the issue of morality--this is not sour grapes, but...just because Bush and Cheney attend church, does not make them moral. In fact, I cant think of a more immoral and hypocritical crew...

they could care less about the every day Joe

they could care less whether Joe's kids are sent off to war

they could care less about the environment we live in

they could care less about Joe's kids educations

they could care less about the rest of the world

all they care about is power and money

The sad thing about the recent election, if you believe the exit polls, is that the majority of voters chose Bush over Kerry on the issue of morality--this is not sour grapes, but...just because Bush and Cheney attend church, does not make them moral. In fact, I cant think of a more immoral and hypocritical crew...

they could care less about the every day Joe

they could care less whether Joe's kids are sent off to war

they could care less about the environment we live in

they could care less about Joe's kids educations

they could care less about the rest of the world

all they care about is power and money

Bush, unlike Bill Clinton (regarded by right-wingers as an amoral demon), does not attend church. He is on his third denomination since his "conversion" from being a hard-drinking sinner, yet he does not participate in structured church meetings.

I agree that it was an odd move for McKain to Kiss ass after what they did to him--but I think there must be an explanation there somewhere.

There is an explanation. It's been kept hush-hush.

I'll tell you if you promise to keep it secret.

ok, here it is.

Don't tell.

he is a

POLITICIAN!!!