Secret Service investigates blogger threat

Wolfie

Posted by Steve Outing 12:42:37 PM

Watch What You Say When Blogging

From the world of personal blogging comes a word of caution about what you write. On her LiveJournal blog, "Anniesj" recently wrote some quite nasty things about President George W. Bush (since removed). Annie writes: "We laughed, we ranted, we all said some things. I thought it was a fairly harmless (and rather obvious) attempt at humor in the face of annoyance, and while a couple of people were offended, as is typical behavior from me, I saw something shiny and forgot about it, thinking that the whole thing was over and done and nothing else would come of what I said."

It wasn't over. One evening this week, a Secret Service agent showed up at her mother's door in South Carolina "to talk to me about what I said about the president, as what I said could apparently be misconstrued as a threat to his life." While the agent quickly determined that she was no threat, it clearly spooked the amateur blogger.

http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=31&aid=73550

That explains the black suits parked outside my house everyday. :o

I've always suspected that Redneck worked

The last word is where you went wrong. (worked) I got laid off over a yr and half ago and ain't hit a lick at a snake since. I thought about it (not much) and decided I didn't want any part of it.

I thought I might apply as a test technician at a whore house if money gets to be an issue. I'll keep you posted if the girls have any unfilled openings. :lol:

People just need to realize the truth and defiantly confront this "agent".

Stand in his/her face and tell him about a few things.............you know, like the Constitution, due process, etc..

Don't be scared, that's what he wanted apparently.

i found out about this last week because a friend of mine knows her. she caved and removed her shit but i just might go back to my old taunting (e.g., 'come and get me, motherfuckers!'), something i've not done since bonn. AFAIK, the constitution is still in effect and w/it, my freedom. so fuck 'em.

I got laid off over a yr and half ago

and you're still voting for bush? lovely. :nope:

ps, about friends, neither of us had any in the US so i can totally understand your disbelief (people would practically push us out of their way to leave whenever we walked in to wherever). but now we're here and it's different. :) (i think it's our accents but whatever the reason, we love it).

Edited by slum_goddess