Sunday Halloween Irks Some in Bible Belt

Lord_of_the_Dense

NEWNAN, Ga. - Across the Bible Belt this Halloween, some little ghosts and goblins might get shooed away by the neighbors — and some youngsters will not be allowed to go trick-or-treating at all — because the holiday falls on a Sunday this year.

"It's a day for the good Lord, not for the devil," said Barbara Braswell, who plans to send her 4-year-old granddaughter Maliyah out trick-or-treating in a princess costume on Saturday instead.

Some towns around the country are decreeing that Halloween be celebrated on Saturday to avoid complaints from those who might be offended by the sight of demons and witches ringing their doorbell on the Sabbath. Others insist the holiday should be celebrated on Oct. 31 no matter what.

Read entire story here.

Oh for heaven sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't religious people keep thier religion to themselves and stop bothering the rest of us?  :angry:

AMEN!!

I thought the point of Halloween was for kids to dress up and have fun and get all the candy they can...... it's on the 31st....let it happen on the 31st!

I might have to dig out my Satan costume and really get the neighbors stired up. :headbang:

Or you could put some battery acid on the zipper of your pants to make it corrode, then put on some yellow tennis shoes.

Now you are dressed to go as a democrat. ;)

:lol: 'jesus wouldn't do these things on a sunday' :lol:

i'm stealing this for my site, thank you Lord (of the Dense). ooh, i like that 'thank you, Lord!'

Edited by slum_goddess

I've been to Newnan a number of times.. my college roomy was from there... this doesn't surprise me a lick... strange lot there... but I do agree with them on this one.. they shouldn't be participating in such a satanic ritual (giving candy to little kids that are dressed in costumes) on the "Lord's Day"... F*cking Idiots.... all these ignorant fundamentalist and biblical literalist make me sick.....