Missy Elliot Having Weight Problems, Sort Of

Shawn

According to undercover, Missy Elliot has received flack from fans through her online forum at Missy-Elliot.com. The cause of their outrage? The star's recent weight loss.

She has posted the following at the site:

I took this time out to tell all my fans that I value their opinions so dearly. Whether good or bad- no matter what it is, I listen becuase you help me better myself. Yesterday I got online,as I often do, to check in on what my fans had to say. I was very disturbed to find that a few people were angry at my weight loss. To all my fans who are upset about this, I still represent for overweight adults & kids but I am also now painfully and personally aware of the health issues. Many of you know, and for those who don't, that I was diagnosed with hypertension. This very serious condition can lead to strokes and heartattacks and very often death. It has made me seriously ill in the past and my mother was also hospitalized after a heart attack a few years ago resulting from high blood pressure. I am an only child, I am all my mother has. I love myself & I love the people I would leave behind if I don't take care of my health. Weight was my issue & I had to drop the pounds. Look at Big Pun & Luther Vandross, I did not want to end up like them.

For those who felt that I was poking fun in the "Pass the Dutch" video, I simply meant that you should dress right for your body size. I have always been a big girl myself and I always took pride in the fact that I never had to change my body to be considered beautiful or successful. I think I have always represented pride in yourself no matter what size you are. If those of you who are angry really loved me, you would stand behind me and support my effort to get healthy. The day we lost Aaliyah it affected the world, so I pray that you'll support me & help me to stay around. I love each & everyone of you because without you, there's no me.

Sincerely,

MISSY ELLIOTT!!!!

No doubt. Even if it wasn't for health reasons, how can be take shots at somebody who has decided to lose weight? Inspirational as she might have been while heavier, why should a person have to conform even their body to other's expectations?

Honestly Missy looked better with the weight,I noticed the loss a while ago,these people are just catching on or they thought it was a phase.I thought it was a vanity thing myself,pissed me off.But I can understand the health issues, i,m 5 8 used to be a 260 lb sloth I'm now 180 and feel much better,I still don't move that fast though.I lost my weight gradually though,it wasn't a shock.You lose pounds like that and people either think you're sick or hangin' with Whitney

• 5 weeks later...

The article posted here i is one of the most visited items on this site. Check the lyrics forum for your favorite Missy tunes and artists websites for missy's home page