Who's going back to school?

Shawn

I know we had a lot of threads in the spring as various members graduated college but who's still going back? [college or HS]

My better half started up last week, I head back next Tuesday. :bigsmile: Today was our deadline to apply to graduate from undergrad status, so that'll happen in October or something.

Who's returning to the grind?

I start next Tuesday.... whee. Sometime in the next few weeks I need to apply to get into my major.. then hopefully in a few years I can be applying to graduate.

college: St. Cloud State University (Minnesota)

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I'm taking a semester off to catch up on paying bills and stuff... I pay everything except for food and rent at my house so everything else is my responsibility. BUT... I am returning to school (hopefully) @ Texas Southern University which is a cheaper school than St. Edward's University is because it's public instead of private. That will help me in the long run since I'm also paying my parents' PLUS loan every month. I told myself, 'No matter what, Nelson, you're going back... you have to' and I told myself that the latest I could procrastinate to go back would be Fall '05 but I'm trying to go back for SPring '05 whether I finished paying my bills or not. I will go to school full time and work full time if I have to. Better believe it....

Like I always 'says'... It's not easy being me but someone's gotta do it ;)

i went back monday i told myself this year im gonna do good and actually do my work and so far its making school a whole lot funner even though its killin me in sleep hours.

I just spent $500 on BOOKS. The best part is, I didn't even get the books for one class. I'm looking around online for some better deals (while I can still return what I've got), but not finding much. So far, I can save about $50 on one book and maybe $10 on another... I'll definitely be returning the one. Never before have I spent so much on books... I think this is more than I spent last year alone, and that was two semesters worth! My cheapest one was used (my only used one, I hate new editions, I hate profs requiring new editions), and $99.75.

Ugh.

My professors used to make the books they wrote the reading material. Mind you, most books where about £35 * 8 units * 3 years = £840 = $1400 = €1200. Not too bad considering the prices per book being thrown around here.

EDIT: And nothing compared to the money I spent on computer paraphernalia in that time. Tuition was only about £1200 a year, and I got a loan for £4000 a year charged at the rate of inflation. So I'm not really complaining compared to what some of you lot have to put up with.

Edited by Malicious Intent

I need to apply for an extension for my thesis...had to go back to work teaching before the research was finished on it, which is partly because damn graduate school didn;t approve my topic in December when i submitted it but in May...

Ah whatever. It will get done when it gets done. they'll gladly take my money for the 6 credits to defend it when the time comes. Meanwhile my girlfriend is applying to my old alma mater, so there will be no escaping the old college tuition blues, at least for a while yet. :lol: