Kill scientists, says animal rights chief

Umma

Should animals be used in scientific experimentation?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should animals be used in scientific experimentation?

• yes
    • no
    • undecided

A top adviser to Britain's two most powerful animal rights protest groups caused outrage last night by claiming that the assassination of scientists working in biomedical research would save millions of animals' lives.

To the fury of groups working with animals, Jerry Vlasak, a trauma surgeon and prominent figure in the anti-vivisection movement, told The Observer: 'I think violence is part of the struggle against oppression. If something bad happens to these people [animal researchers], it will discourage others. It is inevitable that violence will be used in the struggle and that it will be effective.'

Vlasak, who likens animal experimentation to the Nazis' treatment of the Jews, said he stood by his claim that: 'I don't think you'd have to kill too many [researchers]. I think for five lives, 10 lives, 15 human lives, we could save a million, 2 million, 10 million non-human lives.

Read the rest here

I find Mister Vlasaks reasoning that it's ok to kill or injure people to get his point across, to be more than a little scarey.

I find Mister Vlasaks reasoning that it's ok to kill or injure people to get his point across, to be more than a little scary.

He's out of his mind...

I say we use all the animals we can for research, then we eat the ones we don't need.

You must be hungy - its not even Tuesday :o