Courtney Love Sentenced to Drug Rehab

clove.jpg Courtney Love was sentenced Tuesday to 18 months in drug rehab, closing one chapter in a troubled saga that began when she was accused of trying to break into her ex-boyfriend's home while high on cocaine.

Superior Court Judge Patricia M. Schnegg gave the rocker until Oct. 29 to enroll in a drug counseling program, which will require frequent drug testing. She will be permitted to travel, but will be barred from taking non-prescription drugs, drinking alcohol or being in places that serve alcohol.

"I have to stop drinking. That's funny," Love said outside court, firing up a cigarette. "I think I can do it."

Read entire story here.

• 3 weeks later...

Trial Set for Courtney Love in Drug Case

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - A trial date has been set for Sept. 30 for Courtney Love, who faces two felony drug charges for illegal possession of painkillers.

Love, 40, remains free on her own recognizance.

The rock singer arrived in court Monday wearing a purple knit top over a black halter and black heels. She fidgeted in her chair during the 10-minute hearing before Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox.

Read entire story here.

Courtney Love Pleads Innocent to Assault

LOS ANGELES - Courtney Love pleaded innocent Friday to a felony assault charge for allegedly attacking a woman with a liquor bottle at her ex-boyfriend's home in April.

The mercurial rocker, wearing a long black dress, was composed in court, responding to Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Dennis Mulcahy's questions with "yes" or "no." Outside, she appeared shaken while talking with reporters.

"I'm scared. It's scary," Love said. "I just want to play music, and being in that court and having a judge say 'the state of California versus me,' it's just scary."

Read entire story here.

• 1 month later...

Courtney Love Agrees to Next Court Date

LOS ANGELES - A low-key Courtney Love made a brief court appearance and was told to return Oct. 27 for a preliminary hearing to determine if she stands trial for allegedly attacking a woman with a liquor bottle.

Love, who strode into court wearing a miniskirt and sweater over tights and thigh-high boots, softly answered "yes" Thursday when asked if she agreed to the next court date.

She was mobbed by TV and still photographers as she left the courthouse. A team of sheriff's deputies was assigned to keep the media crowd under control.

Read entire story here.

Love, Attorneys Try to Settle Legal Fees

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Rocker Courtney Love's attorneys and a prominent law firm have agreed to try settling a dispute over legal fees out of court.

Superior Court Judge Gerald Rosenberg gave Love's lawyers and Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP until Feb. 5 to reach a settlement.

The two sides must report back on any agreement on Feb. 9, said Dane Gambill, a courtroom assistant. If no agreement is reached, the judge could then set a trial date.

Read entire story here.