Dumb Criminals Of 2003

ASUmusicMAN

DUMB CRIMINALS

It was a bad year for dumb criminals trying to evade the law.

A man took out his wallet and asked for change at a Palm Beach County gas station and then pulled out a gun. He fled with $200 in cash, but left his wallet behind. Police used it to find him.

In Stuart, two men ran out of a store without paying for beer and a hot dog, but one left his ID and a gun behind. They later called the store and asked if they could come back and get the items. Police were waiting when they arrived.

A Miami man robbed two banks then fled on foot. He was caught when he sat down to rest. He told police he robbed the banks because "I'm too ugly to get a job."

A Brevard County bank robber didn't check the tires on a getaway car -- but a witness did and saw one was flat. Officers began checking tire shops and found the suspect. And in another less than speedy getaway, Jacksonville police found a bank robber fleeing on a city bus.

In Naples, police were searching for two burglary suspects when two men dressed in black jumped into what they apparently thought was a getaway car. They bolted when the driver shouted, 'Sheriff's Office! Freeze!" The deputy in the unmarked car caught one of the suspects.

Then there was the Manatee County prisoner who tried to get out of jail the same way he got in -- stealing a vehicle. The car thief jumped into one of the jail's SUVs and drove past security. He was caught 45 minutes later.

That wasn't as creative as an escape attempt in Charlotte County. A prisoner used toothpaste to paint his black shoes white, drew a Nike symbol on a plain T-shirt and sewed pants out of a blanket using the spring from a pen as a needle. The idea was to look like a civilian and walk out of the jail. It didn't work.

Another prisoner did his time and then was arrested on a return visit to the Seminole County jail. The man wanted to retrieve some clothing, shampoo and other personal items. But it turned out he arrived at the jail in a stolen car. His items were returned to storage and he returned to jail.

A man accused of robbing a Boca Raton bank told police the red ink covering his hands didn't come from exploding dye packs, but from coloring Easter eggs. The man robbed the same bank twice during the week before Easter, the second time with a note that said "No dye pack this time. I will shoot you!"

I'll make you feel better spraymonkey.

South Carolina

An angry man walked into his local police station and threw a bag of cocaine on the counter. He told the desk sergeant that it was a substandard cut and demanded that dealer he bought it form be arrested.

San Antonio, Texas

Amy Brasher was arrested in San Antonio, Texas, after a mechanic found eighteen packages of marijuana packed in the engine compartment of the car. The woman, who had taken her car in for an oil change said that she did not realize he would have to lift the hood to get the job done.

Pontiac, Michigan

Charged with drug-possession, Christopher Johns claimed that he had been searched without a warrant. The prosecutor said the officer did not need a warrant because a bulge in Johns's jacket could have been a gun. "Nonsense," said Christopher who happened to be wearing the same jacket that day. When he handed the judge the jacket, a bag of cocaine fell out. The judge required a five minute recess so that he could gain his composure.

Norristown, Pennsylvania

Accused of selling drugs, Howard Jones's attorney sought to lower his client's bail from $150,000 insisting that Jones would not think about fleeing. At that very instant, Jones sprinted out of the front door of the courtroom. He was caught fifty minutes later and his bail was raised to $500,000.

New Jersey

New Jersey Trooper Glenn Lubertazzi stopped a car for speeding and began asking the three passengers routine questions. When one of the them got a cigarette from them glove compartment, the officer noticed that the pack contained a marijuana joint. A search of the car turned up $32,000 of drug money and several pounds of marijuana.

source

Found another good one!!

SALT LAKE CITY - When robbing a bank, it may not be the smartest move to write the holdup note on a personal check. That's what led them to arrest two people here, police said.

Witnesses told police a man and a woman walked into a bank and handed a teller a note saying they had a gun and wanted money. The note was scrawled on the back of a personal check.

The robbers left the bank with $1,300.

Witnesses wrote down the license plate number of the getaway car.

Police said the name on the registration matched the name on the personal check used for the holdup note.

After they were arrested, the suspects allegedly told police they wanted the money to pay a drug debt and buy clothes and cell phones.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../robber_s_check

• 3 months later...

Man calls police after losing meth

By Kelly Crowley, Roundup staff reporter

Friday, April 23, 2004

When the Payson police were called to Famous Sam's restaurant Saturday night, Damon Flores, 24, of Safford, told them he had been robbed.

The investigation later revealed that the item Flores was missing was a bag containing nearly 100 grams of methamphetamine -- a bag he accidentally dropped earlier that night, according to police.

http://www.paysonroundup.com/section/front...ead/story/14924

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid Burglar of the Day

Caught on the toilet, he was called by nature in the middle of his heist.

WHITEFISH BAY, Wis. (AP) - Burglars beware: a bathroom break on the job can get you busted.

That's how Otha Smith got caught.

Dewey Coulson went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, only to find an intruder using the toilet.

"When I turned the corner ... I saw the light was on, and I thought someone had just left it on so I opened the door, and there was this guy sitting on the toilet," said Coulson, 19. "So I said, 'What are you doing in my house?' And he said, 'I just had to use the bathroom."'

I bet he would have probably left the seat up too. :lol:

Caught on the toilet, he was called by nature in the middle of his heist.

I bet he would have probably left the seat up too. :lol:

:rotfl: