So what's everyone doing for the 4th?

CTC Command

We went to the "Night Of Destruction" at the local racetrack and watched demolition derbies, monster trucks, and trailer racing...probably try and catch some fireworks, hit the beach, go to some cookouts this weekend. Pretty low key, actually, compared to some Independence Days I've had in the past, lol.

Here's some good old fashioned trailer racing. Redneck, you guys got that down there?

post-59-1088832997.jpg

Way outside Providence, Dude--this is over at the Waterford Speedbowl in CT, which is actually closer to us than Providence.

The trailers got pretty destroyed, lol.

And the cars too. But notice how the potty survived the mayhem on the first one, hehehe.

post-59-1088834012.jpg

Edited by CTC Command

The trailers got pretty destroyed, lol. And the cars too. But notice how the potty survived the mayhem on the first one, hehehe.

Great fun - thank God the outhouse survived!

I thought that kind of stuff was exclusive to the Southern Redneck species. Don't think there are too many of that species in CT, so what type creatures, other than yourself, a chronicler of human endeavor and recreational foibles, did you mingle with there?

Actually, Connecticut away from the RT 95/84 corridors is still pretty rural, largely populated with working class/aggie families sprinkled with yuppie encleaves hither and yon. Which would be an apt description of the Speedbowl denizens enjoying the spectacle of monster trucks driving over campers and demolished cars...

post-59-1088880101.jpg

Edited by CTC Command

I find trailer racing funny but I find even funnier how you americans like to see "things" go around and around for hours!

You watch a soccer ball go back and forth, back and forth for two or three hours and hope to maybe see one goal.....and you think we're weird!?

I find trailer racing funny but I find even funnier how you americans like to see "things" go around and around for hours!

I thought the Greeks invented the idea of running round and round a track :P

I am going on vacation for about three weeks on Monday. I am spending the fourth cleaning and packing. BTW... if anyone cares, I am going on a National Parks Tour of the West... I am going to about 10 Nat'l Parks and my in-laws... pretty exciting eh?

I am going on vacation for about three weeks on Monday. I am spending the fourth cleaning and packing. BTW... if anyone cares, I am going on a National Parks Tour of the West... I am going to about 10 Nat'l Parks and my in-laws... pretty exciting eh?

Man, that's hot. Yosemite is God's country - I would kill to be there right now... :good job: