P2p-what's Next In The Features List?

Yoda

Source:Supportp2p

Full Story here

Josh Avedisian 11:30 AM EST 12/23/03

P2P developers have not been advancing their techology lately. It seems the big worry for p2p users, and the most wanted feature in p2p programs, is security. So what about making p2p programs faster and easier to use?

The latest moves in p2p technology have nothing to do with security; the latest developments are Gnutella2 network and Shareaza's connectioning to Edonkey2000 and Bittorrent. So what other features can be added to p2p? We think that security should be a top feature for developers, but we think developers should not lose focus on making P2P technology faster and easier to use.

But now with the RIAA setback from the recent ruling in court, will P2P developers finally start to focus on improving other applications of their technology? Has p2p accomplished everything it can to make its applications fast and easy to use? Of course not. Have P2P developers accomplished everything they want to do with multi-connections to other p2p networks? No. It's time for the developers to focus on applications that wil broaden the popularity of the platform, and ultimately make P2P secure and easy to use.

Thank You Rainbowdemon. Thats why you havent seen me here as much lately. Writing some articles and crap like that for supportp2p. I dug up some intresting stuff on Ares. But I dont think I will go public with it cause cometseeker is my friend and I believe he wouldnt like that. So I will leave you hanging LOL

Good article, Yoda. I couldn't resist editing it to make your points clearer and more succinct. If there's a weakness in the article, it's the 'lack of other things that P2P developers should be doing' to improve their platform. I would add a few other features that are beging developed like Mute in your discussion of security. And I would add a few other suggestions that you would like to see accomplished.

Feel free to send stuff by me if you like--I edit stuff for a living.. amongst other things.

Cool Great this will help me alot. My language skills are not that great but hey what can I say. So thanks I will send them by you first :)

Well lets say its not really all just Ares.. something cool the developer is doing. Just keep checking my site for details ;)