Hamas leader killed in Israeli helicopter strike

Bombardier

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- An Israeli Apache helicopter fired two rockets at a motorcycle in Gaza City Saturday, killing a civilian and two Hamas militants, one of them a senior leader of the military wing of the group, according to Palestinian sources.

Seven other civilians were wounded in the attack that killed Wael Nassar, head of Izzedine al Qassam, Hamas' military wing. His assistant and a bystander also died in the strike.

Nassar was a former bodyguard for Hamas founder and spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was killed in an Israeli missile strike in March.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/29/mideast/index.html

:lol: He did a poor job of guarding his boss's body, and couldn't even guard his own. That has got to be the shortest life expectancy job in the world. I would want my pay in advance!! :lol:

I bet when they buy gas they only get a couple of bucks worth. No need to fill up!

I feel sorry for the bystander yes.

I feel Israel made yet another bold, stubborn, and rash decision that took the life of another innocent person.

I don't, however, feel sorry for Wael Nassar or his assistant.

Since Redneck and Bom were joking about Nassar, I don’t feel it’s inappropriate. Yes, it’s a serious matter, but what can you say? You can’t write a 10 page thesis on this. Perhaps humor is the only thing that can be used.

Millions of Muslims don't find this matter a joke at all. I wouldn't want to be a palestinian or a muslim reading jokes about this so we should respect their feelings. I don't have a personal problem but I think we should respect them

I think that a major point to this issue is that none of us would be joking if we were there on the ground with rockets, guns and suicide bombs going off on a daily basis.

that said, us humans definetely have a tendency to find humor in even the most serious situation. in an insane world, perhaps it (humor that is) has its place in almost any situation as a sort of coping mechanism.

as far as respecting them goes.... well, I have respect for the millions of Muslims who live their daily lives according to the precepts ideas and laws set down in the Koran. as for the Hamas leaders and all the other terrorists who do no more than bastardize the spiritual teachings of their religion- well, I have nothing but the utmost contempt for them. if there is a hell they (all who manipulate whatever teachings are found in their religion of choice so as to fit their personal bias) surely have very special places reserved for them there.

If the heads of the Israeli military had been capped repeatedly, we would have made the same jokes about their job. It has nothing to do with religion. The situation is sad and I know the joke's were crude but we have lots of crude jokes. We seem to pick on all peoples evenly around here. I thought we were an equal opportunity joker. Now that I am aware Muslims are off limits to jokes, I will refrain. Please let me know if I trespass onto another protected religion, nationality, or sexual orientation group. Feel free to joke about rednecks cause we are not on any "don't touch" list. The thing about jokes is that almost always someone is the butt of the joke. It may be blondes, men, women, gays, black, white, or whatever but someone is the butt. I know I have offended people with my jokes. That is NEVER my intention. I apologize to any and all I have offended with my comments/jokes. That is one thing I really like about this site as compared to another un-named one. The jokes here are not mean spirited.

redneck

this has nothing to do with you or your jokes. We are all jokers around here and that's a very good thing for this community. I asked to respect this matter ONLY but feel free to make all the jokes you want on other issues. I expect others to do the same with me if they feel I offended anyone or anything.

Keep in mind that you can make all the jokes you want about anything and not listen to me :)

I would ask the same thing to all anti-americans who would dare to make any jokes about dead American soldiers.

Keep in mind that you can make all the jokes you want about anything and not listen to me :)

Oh, but I do listen to you and have nothing but respect for your opinions. I listen to everyone. I wish to offend no one and if anybody thinks I have gone too far with my jokes, I will consider what they have to say. The likely result being that I will apologize and try not offend that person again by making the same type of comment. As I said before, I know I sometimes go to far with crude humor. As an admin I expect you to say something when you think I/we have gone too far as you did today. You were professional and not insulting in the way you handled it. I guess my main point earlier was that the jokes had nothing to do with Muslims, Hamas, terrorism, politics or any of that. It was that the job had a high mortality rate. I can also see where a Palastinian would be offended.

Here's to you :good job: :Here's to you: