Most Recent Burn Compilation

I just burned me a cd......what was the last one you burned?

City Boy - 5.7.0.5

Flash And The Pan - Hey St. Peter

Frank Marino - Strange Dreams

Head East - Never Been Any Reason

New England - Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya

Ram Jam - Black Betty

The Rockets - Oh Well

Slade - Cum On Feel The Noize

Sniff 'n' The Tears - Drivers Seat

The Runaways - Cherry Bomb

Argent - Hold Your Head Up

Horslips - Daybreak

Jay Ferguson - Thunder Island

Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right

Firefall - Strange Way

Louise Goffin - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)

I just burned me a cd......what was the last one you burned?

City Boy - 5.7.0.5

Flash And The Pan - Hey St. Peter

Frank Marino - Strange Dreams

Head East - Never Been Any Reason

New England - Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya

Ram Jam - Black Betty

The Rockets - Oh Well

Slade - Cum On Feel The Noize

Sniff 'n' The Tears - Drivers Seat

The Runaways - Cherry Bomb

Argent - Hold Your Head Up

Horslips - Daybreak

Jay Ferguson - Thunder Island

Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right

Firefall - Strange Way

Louise Goffin - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)

latest burn (this morning)...jeff beck album compilation.."you had it coming", "jeff", "wired", "blow by blow"...fav album on the compilation.."you had it coming"..fav tracks..."dirty mind", "rollin` and tumblin" (featuring imogen heap)

one of my favourite guitarists......makes jimmy page look sick...

Jeff Beck

You Had It Coming

Some people play a guitar. Jeff Beck attacks one. At his best the sounds he coerces from his white Strat are criminally inventive, rude — or in his words — "slippery". Pair this with the production and performance of Andy Wright, who has twiddled the knobs for everyone from Massive Attack to Simply Red, and you have what amounts to Jeff Beck doing the nasty at a rave. The opening cut "Earthquake" starts off with a grinding Nine Inch Nails keyboard figure and adds on some distorted vocals. Then Mr. Beck enters, effortlessly tossing little riffs atop the stew, but he's only warming up. About two minutes into the song when he cuts loose with a solo — a solo that hits you like a mule kick between the eyes — you remember why A: of all the sixties guitar gods, only Beck can still look at himself in the mirror and B: why most electronica sucks. By the time you get to the two cuts featuring British vocalist Imogen Heap, the wickedly greasy "Dirty Mind" and a Prodigy on speed version of Muddy Waters' "Rollin' and Tumblin", Jeff has already secured his reputation for another decade, should he decide to vanish as he did for most of the '90s.

When Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck were the guiding lights of rock guitar in the sixties and seventies, all were at the top of whatever game they decided to follow. Page had Zeppelin, Clapton everything from Cream to Derek and the Dominos. Then one by one, perhaps as age crept up, Page stopped playing, and well, Clapton should have. From "White Room" to "Wonderful Tonight" is a long and ugly road. Only Beck, by pushing himself in new directions, namely jazz/rock fusion, kept himself vital. By surrounding himself with musicians such as Jan Hammer, with who he created the incredible Wired album, Jeff Beck refused to rest on his laurels, endlessly reform past groups (hello, Mr. Page?) or make watered down pop pabulum. Granted, he hasn't been as visible as the others (this is only his second release in a decade), but what he's put out has never taken the safe route. By immersing himself in the rigid confines of electronic music (as he did on his last release, 1999's Who Else!), Beck's frenetic guitar with it's groove-heavy pacing and vitality is allowed to both complement and dominate the songs. His method of playing guitar lines in a uniquely non-linear fashion — he goes from A to B, but stops off at Q on the way — is exactly what this sort of lockstep music requires if it's to have any humanity at all. Even when he slows the pace down, such as on the (almost) soothing "Blackbird/Suspension", with its Windam Hill bird chirps and New Age keyboard washes, his tone, a dirty, piercing sound still rings true.

From the Yard (birds) to House, Jeff Beck has few equals when it gets right down to it. Hopefully this elusive yet influential mainstay of modern guitar won't hide out as he has been prone to in the past, and continue to challenge both himself, and his listeners, by simply playing Jeff Beck guitar. And when he does, I'll sell my copies of the last 20 years of Page and Clapton releases to hear it.

post-59-1084229051.jpg

I burned a blues compilation for a fellow co-worker

dereck trucks band - to know you is to love you

larry mccray - woman across the river

eric burdon brian auger band - don't let me be misunderstood

eric burdon brian auger band - bring it on home

stevie ray vaughn - cold shot

allman brothers band - stormy monday

allman brothers band - one way out

gary moore - pretty woman

jj cale - after midnight

sam cooke - a change is gonna come

sam cooke - cry me a river

susan tedeschi - baby you're right

stan webb's chicken shack - I'd rather go blind

canned heat - on the road again (hehehehe)

george thorogood - one bourbon, one scotch, one beer

robert cray - right next door

Hmmm. I'd like that CD. In fact, we should have threads on everyone of those artists, Des..

eric burdon and brian auger ....."access all areas"...fav track?..."sky pilot"...a very cool musical partnership...burdon`s vocals rock..a real rock survivor

1. Introduction

2. Don't Bring Me Down

3. Misunderstood Intro

4. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

5. Monterey

6. We Gotta Get Out of This Place

7. I Just Want to Make Love to You

8. Roadhouse Blues

9. When I Was Young

10. It's My Life

11. Spill the Wine

12. River Deep-Mountain High

13. Bring It on Home to Me

14. No More Elmore

15. Band Intro for Eric

16. Tobacco Road

17. Sky Pilot

18. Rising Sun Guitar Intro

19. House of the Rising Sun

20. Sixteen Tons [studio 1992]

Khama Auger (drums), Dave Meros (bass guitar, vocals), Eric Burdon (vocals), Brian Auger (keyboards) and Larry Wilkins (guitar, vo

cals)

post-59-1084251010.jpg

Nice stuff Des... I love Derek Trucks ..that slide guitar work is sick!... I got to see him play at the Georgia Theater in Athens about 5 months ago... and a month earlier I got to see Unky Greg play there too --> as Greg Allman and Freinds... it was a real treat for me to see both of those guys in my home town.