EU Welcomes 10 New Members

method77

On the stroke of midnight across Europe, firework displays, street parties, concerts and the playing of Beethoven's Ode to Joy - the EU's official anthem, greeted the 10 new EU members as a welcome to the "club".

Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Malta have now joined the ranks of the original 15 member states. The EU is now the world's biggest trading bloc with 455 million citizens.

Former German leader, "father of European reunification", Helmut Kohl, told thousands at a ceremony in the German town of Zittau, which has a border with Poland and the Czech Republic, "The message is there will never again be war in Europe."

Let's all hope so...

BBC

It was the third article on the news today, with two lines saying that it is happening and that there are celebrations.

All I have heard is that there has been some fuss about Eastern Europeans moving to richer countries.

Isn't Suprnova based in one of those coutries? The strick EU copyright laws will be having an effect on Sloneck(sp?).

I'm sure that server is based in some other eastern european country cause it's known for at least 4 years now that this moment would come. The owners could be that stupid imo. Perhaps I'm wrong

Former German leader, "father of European reunification", Helmut Kohl, told thousands at a ceremony in the German town of Zittau, which has a border with Poland and the Czech Republic, "The message is there will never again be war in Europe."

It's a great thought.

especially when you consider there's never been a war between any countries which harbor mcdonald's franchises. strange but true...i read this in a long piece on dick cheney by john perry barlow (former lyricist for grateful dead).

All I have heard is that there has been some fuss about Eastern Europeans moving to richer countries.

Haha, you've hit the nail on the head there.

All the news stories in the UK that ive seen about this enlargement have been suggesting that half the population of Poland are gonna be entering our country, stealing all our jobs and women. :rotfl:

Haha, you've hit the nail on the head there.

All the news stories in the UK that ive seen about this enlargement have been suggesting that half the population of Poland are gonna be entering our country, stealing all our jobs and women. :rotfl:

sounds like a reason for war to me :duck hunt: :shootin: