Woodward Shares War Secrets

desdemona

I'll be buying that book this week. Condoleeza Rice was on several of the Sunday news shows refuting most of the book, saying Colin Powell and Rummy and Cheney are darn friendly with each other. She's having to take the burden of being this administration's public debunker and defender, and it's made her public image spiral downward. For a person who is so academically sharp, her 9/11 commission testimony regarding her job performance made her seem like a dunce.

I actually watched about 10 minutes of "up to the minute" this morning. I caught some of the interview with Woodward.

Chief among things that I found amusing was that in Woodward's opinion Bush considers himself to be a warrior of God, "sent to free the world." To be honest, when I hear that as coming from the U.S. Prez, I get a little nervous.

I'm being honest when I say, I've always thought bush was on some religious crusade from the very beginning of his presidency, it's not only his mission to "change the world" as he commented at his last "press" conference ( if you wanna call it that), but since he's been in office, I've noticed freedoms are being challenged at every turn in america, the FCC is deciding what's good for us, taking away our choices and enlisting monopolies like Clear Channel so you really don't have many options as far as tv and radio, the administration is convinced all america will be better off for it, that's how out of touch they are! I will admit when my daughter was younger, she's 16 now, I didn't want her exposed to alot of violence and sex on tv and radio, but I was able to control that, now part of evolving is being able to make those choices for herself, the face of entertainment has changed over the years, events and happenings that were never covered before are there for everyone to see, it doesn't change things to close our eyes.

I will repeat something I posted somewhere else around here. The only thing worse than drunk, disgruntled redneck with an assault rifle is a religous zealot with the same weapon. Remember the tune "Sky Pilot"?

Woodward reports that just five days after Sept. 11, President Bush indicated to National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice that while he had to do Afghanistan first, he was also determined to do something about Saddam Hussein. ”There's some pressure to go after Saddam Hussein. Don Rumsfeld has said, ‘This is an opportunity to take out Saddam Hussein, perhaps. We should consider it.’ 

In other words, they took advantage of 911 to pursue their own agenda on Iraq. Switch and bait. :reallymad:

In other words, they took advantage of 911 to pursue their own agenda on Iraq. Switch and bait. :reallymad:

Is that the way you liberals do it?? Switch and Bait?? Us rednecks still do it the old fashioned way. Bait and Switch! ;)

j/k :)

Us rednecks still do it the old fashioned way.  Bait and Switch!  ;)

I bait and feed turtles...

I heard you used to bait and feed alligators. Now you have changed to turtles cause they don't move so fast. I know how you feel. :(

Is that the way you liberals do it??  Switch and Bait??  Us rednecks still do it the old fashioned way.  Bait and Switch!  ;) j/k  :)

Don't make fun of my mental dyslexia. I'm still trying to recover from the Starr Report, the Florida Vote, the Supreme Court election decision, the war on Iraq, the FCC, the religious takeover of the government, the Federal deficit, oursourcing of our jobs to India, and the erosion of our civil liberties. Is it any wonder I can't think straight????? :rotfl:

Don't make fun of my mental dyslexia. I'm still trying to recover from the Starr Report, the Florida Vote, the Supreme Court election decision, the war on Iraq, the FCC, the religious takeover of the government, the Federal deficit, oursourcing of our jobs to India, and the erosion of our civil liberties. Is it any wonder I can't think straight????? :rotfl:

You are doing better than me. I'm still trying to get over the Vietnam War (and I didn't even go), Watergate and the demise of Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix.

btw I read your post 3x before I noticed it. I have to read everything 3x because otherwise I just don't get it.