Skin Art - Show Your Tats!

CTC Command

And don't just post a pic--every tattoo has at least one story behind it. Don't be shy!

I'll get this rolling with the purple burning upside-down skull on my right leg.

I don't know why, but this always gets very puzzled reactions from most "normal people" who look at it. They ask me why it's upside-down, and depending on what kind of mood I'm in I'll say one of the following things:

1) If it were rightside-up, then it wouldn't be a purple flaming UPSIDE-DOWN skull now, would it?

2) I put it that way so I could see it rightside up. What the fuck do I care if it -looks upside-down to you?

3) I wanted to get it painted on my Harley's gas tank, and the tattoo shop wouldn't let me have the art unless I owned it myself. It's a flipped-over skull on fire--I always thought it was a cool tattoo and its a good reminder to ride as if every car on the road is trying to kill me, and so far I've got home safe every time.

post-59-1082262111_thumb.jpg

Edited by CTC Command

I was busy trying to press a man-boob into the scanner when I realized you wrote "tats".

I don't have any of those.

BTW I'd stick with "2) I put it that way so I could see it rightside up. What the fuck do I care if it -looks upside-down to you?"

Oh well. I figured someone else around here was numb enough in the head to have gone and gotten themselves all inked up, or at least a little bit. But so far it looks like most of you guys have wasted your money not on tattoos but probably on other stuff like food, gasoline, computers, beer...

Well, I'll post one more in the hopes someone else will come along that has butterfly or a tasmanian devel with a hockey stick or SOMETHING!

Here's the last one I got, about 4 years ago, to commemorate the birth of my son. My tattoo artist liked it--his wedding day had been my son's birthday!

RIP Skott...

post-59-1082326487_thumb.jpg

But so far it looks like most of you guys have wasted your money not on tattoos but probably on other stuff like food, gasoline, computers, beer...

Ammo.......don't forget ammo!! Oh! My mistake!! You said "wasted"! LOL I thought you said "invested"! For it is written, "A man cannot have too many guns or too much ammo."

Oh well.  I figured someone else around here was numb enough in the head to have gone and gotten themselves all inked up, or at least a little bit.

hahahahaha...i've got a number of tats but nothing scanned. i've got one on my back: my kitty Peter standing on an open book pawing over the next page inside the universe inside an ancient shield dripping w/hanging vines & tiny leaves, reaching from shoulder to shoulder and down to my waist. a couple on the front as well and recently decided my next will be an aeroplane prolly flying on my stomach.

my kitty Peter standing on an open book pawing over the next page inside the universe inside an ancient shield dripping w/hanging vines & tiny leaves, reaching from shoulder to shoulder and down to my waist. a couple on the front as well and recently decided my next will be an aeroplane prolly flying on my stomach.

Wow--sounds really intricate! I love tattoos like that. Is it blackline or in colro? I have a blackline wrap-around on my right forearm of a battle from Middle-Earth...Gandalf standing aside a pile of smoking skulls blasting a spell at the Witch-King, who is about to dispatch Eowyn, and Gimli is hacking his way through orcs to save her. There was some other stuff we were going to add, like a band of runes or ruined buildings in the background, but never got to it.

What are your frontside tats, if you don't mind me asking.

wow!  Goddess you might have a hard time scanning those. 

:lol: i meant the photographs. & the tats are all in color.

Celtic trinity here. Lower back.

Anyone ever get a mosquito bite on a tattoo? Not fun.

I have a celtic calendar on my shoulder. Unfortunatley it was so intricate and the line-work so fine that over the years it has all run together, and looks like a big black circle now...it's the only tattoo I'm thinking about getting covered up. Thinking of putting a big Cthulhu over it....

I've never gotten a mosquito bite on a new/healing tattoo, but it's inevitable that I get one on a tattoo at some point every summer. For some reason it seems like they itch worse than the standard mosquito bite on non-tattoo'd skin.

Filthy insect bastards! :reallymad: