Salon's Charles Taylor Reviews Kill Bill, Vol. 2

Quentin Tarrintino returns with another round of pyrotechnics, and Uma Thurmand and David Carradine shine in Kill Bill, Volume II. You can read Charles Taylor's full Salon review here:

:read this:

http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/200...ll_2/index.html

I just came back from seeing it a few minutes ago too, and all I can say about Kill Bill Vol. II is

ASUmusicMANS TOTALLY FUCKING RIGHT ! GO SEE KILL BILL !

The trailer for the the Jet Li / Tarantino flick "Hero" looked interesting as well.

BUT GO SEE KILL FUCKING BILL II!

The dialog was pretty good and it also did a job good filling gaps from the first one. However I was expecting a more dramatic and exciting fight between Uma and Bill at the end. Bill came across as a total push over when it came to real fighting.

I still think it would have been better as one movie which had both aspects of dialog and good fighting scenes covered. The volume II had some good fights but nothing comparable to Uma kicking the Crazy 88's asses all over place. Also the duel between lucy and Uma was a lot more better than her fighting Darryl Hannah in the trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it the night it came out. The movie was great. Pai Mei(i think thats how you spell it) was my favorite part along with the saying "Your about as useful as a asshole right here."

It didnt have alot of the massive action scenes which might dissapoint some who expected it from the first but i thought there was plenty of action to keep it entertaining. I dont think alot of people know that it was all suppose to be one movie until they had to split it up into two parts because it was too long, i thought it helped to make more sense knowing that myself too.

The bad thing was the couple in front of me brought their young kids one had to be under 5, to see it which i thought that was pretty fcked up..

Hero trailer did look pretty sweet so ill have to see that one. I want to see Van Helsing next which im pretty sure it opens next week...