Anyone use Facebook?

vernarial

They won't let me sign on as DudeAsInCool so screw em. I know they have some nice features, but they need to open up - it's the internet, you know?

But ... I imagine everyone else here does

Those Bastards!!! I think maybe if you used Dude as your first name and AsInCool as your last name, it might work.

They rejected that combo. I also wrote them :mad2: You would think they could use a couple more thousand posts or so :lol:

Teen accused of sex assaults in Facebook scam.....

An 18-year-old US student is accused of posing as a girl on Facebook, tricking at least 31 male classmates into sending him naked photos of themselves and then blackmailing some for sex acts.

"The kind of manipulation that occurred here is really sinister in my estimation," Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel said on Wednesday.

read more....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/teen...3423413522.html

source:AP

image :moftasa.net/files...FACEBOOK..."an idea to control the decisions of a great number of people that doesn't appear to involve any intrusion on their privacy"

post-193-1233879272_thumb.jpg

Australians desert MySpace for Facebook.....

Facebook celebrates its fifth birthday this week and the company has much to crow about, as new figures reveal the social network has twice as many monthly users in Australia as its nearest competitor, MySpace.

According to web traffic monitor Nielsen Online, Facebook attracted 4,682,000 unique visitors in December, compared with just 2,362,000 for MySpace. Furthermore, each Facebook user viewed 381 pages on Facebook but MySpace users looked at only 252 pages.

The figures show Australians appear to be deserting MySpace for Facebook...

more here....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/web/...3423387206.html

source:Asher Moses/SMH

image:www.tourism.australia.com....Aussies hopping on over to Facebook....

post-193-1233960925_thumb.jpg

Myspace is far better for music stuff. I've got about 70 "friends" on there and probably 60+ of them are artists that I want to keep up to date with or are tracking to see if new stuff they put out is worth me investigating them further.

I agree.

Facebook turns five - so is it just a fad?

t's a tale of entrepreneurial flair that provokes awe and envy in equal measure.

A student at Harvard creates a website for the amusement of his fellow undergraduates so they can exchange notes and keep tabs on upcoming events.

read more....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/...jectid=10555337

source:THE INDEPENDENT

image:whyfacebook.com.....Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg says the social networking giant won't be a real money spinner for another three years.

post-193-1234131327_thumb.jpg

im on facebook

my name is Bobby Connor

(uh oh i just gave away my real name on the internet!)

My real name is on the internet, too - but I have not interest in posting pics of myself on Facebook