Paul McCartney survives landmark Israel gig

This is the discussion topic for: Paul McCartney survives landmark Israel gig

Sir Paul McCartney has survived his landmark gig in Israel unscathed, much to the delight of an audience of thousands. The ex-Beatles man told reporters he was "not nervous, but excited" ahead of his two-hour performance in Tel Aviv last night, during which the 66-year-old played Hello Goodbye, Eleanor Rigby and Back in the USSR before a crowd of 40,000. His choice of Let It Be to close the show was a poignant one given the circumstances surrounding his performance.

The Beatles were banned from performing in Israel in 1965 because the government was worried about the potentially corrupting effect "Beatlemania" might have on young fans. The current government lifted the ban earlier this year, presumably less worried now about the ability of the surviving members of the group to induce mass hysteria in the Israeli public.

• 1 month later...

Israel was worried about "Beatlemania" in 1965 but they certainly don't have to worry about "McCartneymania" here in 2008. He really should hang up his hat. It is true that I have not see Sir Paul perform at this age, but I have seen many bands in their later years perform. On all but one occasion (Foreigner) I felt that they were well past their prime and taking away from their legacy. Athletes do this same thing all time. They perform until their bodies can't continue. Giving up, retiring, straying away from something you have done for so many years, can be difficult. Alas, it is time Sir Paul.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Nice to meet you, how is everything, hope all is well with you. My name is avelin regato, I found your contact after reading your profile I picked interest to contact you. I've something very important which I would love to share with you privately, therefore, would advise you to kindly write me back on email at([email protected]) so that I'll give you details. Waiting anxiously for your anticipated corporation,

Yours,

avelin regato

email. [email protected]

• 5 months later...